The Realist

Your City/Town.

Admin

I gues Middlesbrough as two old bridges. One not working and one working.

Newport Bridge:

7042811_orig.jpg

And now after a repaint!

22680912205_764e3b6e45_b.jpg

Then the Transporter bridge.

Transporter-bridge.jpg

Back in the day when we had a steel industry!!

I don't know what it is about Middlesbrough, yeah it is a shit hole but I love it. Think it's all the memories that make it feel good when I'm here!

Admin

Why do you have a bull in the city centre? What's the reason behind that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I live in Portsmouth permanently now after moving down for Uni in 2012. A lot of the locals I speak to can never understand why I love it so much, but there's so many beautiful and cool things to do/see. The city is also very small so most POIs are easy to get to, either walking, or you can get to the top of the island in 5 minutes by train. Also the cost of living is relatively cheap for the south so can't complain.

I guess its naval history makes it unique

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

Why do you have a bull in the city centre? What's the reason behind that?

Bull ring shopping centre. When it was redeveloped we got a bull. We love the bull, Whenever you arrange to meet someone in town, It's usually a case of meet you at the bull. We also have the Rotunda, Iconic building that is. Also the bull ring tavern, One of my favourite boozers. Edgbaston university also has the tallest free standing clock tower.Also the custard factory, Tho sadly no more Rover car works at Longbridge, Cadburys chocolate, Jaguar car manufacturing, Land Rover,Big Johns, Jewellery quarter, And best of all, The Balti triangle. Home of the curry. If its not from Birmingham, It's not a proper curry. Birmingham is also the home of the Zulu Warriors.

rotunda.jpg

clock tower..jpg

1 hour ago, Thomas Shelby said:

That clock is on Birmingham University. 

And that university is in Edgbaston, Why do feel the need to be such an argumentative attention seeking twat, Over such a petty issue? When it was built, It was Edgbaston university. We also had Aston university, which is now also called Birmingham university. Go find something positive to post about your city, Instead of being your usual internet trolling arsehole.

Are you two the same person?

I know I've not covered myself in glory over the years on this forum but this constant roundabout argument is pathetic, why don't you just meet up and have a fight, get it over and done with. 

The Old Crown in Digbeth, Birmingham's oldest inn. Nearly 800 years old. Love this boozer, Visit it regularly. Birmingham originates from this area, Mainly due to the River Rea, which mostly runs underground now.

oldcrown-1024x627.jpg

Oasis, Stone Roses, New order, the Smiths, joy division, happy Mondays

We've created some amazing bands over the years. 

Suppose you can throw in Coronation street as well, it's pretty much a institution in this country. 

4 hours ago, Red Devil said:

Suppose you can throw in Coronation street as well, it's pretty much a institution in this country. 

You can't beat the Roses!

6 hours ago, United Road said:

Been to see them twice now, the first time at Heaton park was pretty crap in fairness but the last concert at Citys ground (nice stadium to be fair) was amazing. 

6 hours ago, United Road said:

Oasis for me, The Heaton Park gig, with Kasabian, & The Enemy was mega.( the second one) Sampled a few boozers around there too.

10 hours ago, Red Devil said:

Aside from music & celebrities,And arguably the biggest football club in the world. What about Pubs parks cafe's, Landmarks etc, Has to be something you really love about your City.

1 hour ago, superally said:

Oasis for me, The Heaton Park gig, with Kasabian, & The Enemy was mega.( the second one) Sampled a few boozers around there too.

Aside from music & celebrities,And arguably the biggest football club in the world. What about Pubs parks cafe's, Landmarks etc, Has to be something you really love about your City.

In terms of landmarks we're pretty dull I suppose. The northern quarter is pretty good in Manchester, loads a smart little pubs and street art on every corner. Currently there are two works of art for Bowie and Prince that seem to be getting a lot of attention from people visiting the city. 

7 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

In terms of landmarks we're pretty dull I suppose. The northern quarter is pretty good in Manchester, loads a smart little pubs and street art on every corner. Currently there are two works of art for Bowie and Prince that seem to be getting a lot of attention from people visiting the city. 

I found Deansgate, or/and the area around it(not familiar with it tbh), had a few decent pubs. Also hidden away down a little side street, A chippy that does proper chips & gravy, That is slowly catching on, In Birmingham, We Still have a way to go , with the cheesy chips tho. Hard to find that is. Mrs Sa has to do mine.

Deansgate is okay, I was out in town the other Friday, like you said there a few hidden pubs in the back streets. The nags head, rising sun are proper old style pubs that do a nice pint. Manchester's pubs are far too spread out, it makes it difficult to have a decent night out.