boro_boy

The Snooper's Charter passed into law this week – say goodbye to your privacy

Admin

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/snoopers-charter-theresa-may-online-privacy-investigatory-powers-act-a7426461.html

Looks like i'll be buying a VPN very soon, hopefully one which lets me have multiple devices attached!

Admin
6 minutes ago, Thomas Shelby said:

I have a degree in Networking having studied it in USA for 4 years.

With a VPN all you are doing is paying a subscriber for a end to end connection instead of it going over a broadcast network. The provider of the VPN will still be able to see your history and maybe forced to share it with various government agencies if so requested.

Also, be mindful that a lot of websites block access to VPN traffic. 

Only streaming websites stop you from using a VNP such as Netflix.

Most of the VPN sites do not keep logs of your history so that is the type I'm looking at. 

Admin
4 hours ago, Thomas Shelby said:

If you use an ISP to get your VPN from that is based in this country then they will have to keep your history.

You can get free ones but they are infested with adverts and spyware used for spamming. 

Wherever you go on the internet you leave a footprint regardless of what you may think. 

Nort is the best one, thats based in Panama so its away from "fourteen eyes" whatever that is:

From the off Nord VPN impresses. Despite the Scandinavian-sounding name it’s actually based in Panama. It maintains Nordic ideals of freedom and trust however, so is located there to be out of the jurisdiction of the ‘fourteen eyes’. It has a strict ‘no logs’ policy so you won’t have to worry about it having any record of your internet traffic. As of writing there were more than 500 servers to choose from, from across 51 countries.