The Realist

Black Friday or Greed Friday?

At first thought it was people blacking up? I'm relieved to see it's about toasters and kettles.

I wonder how many on here are prepared to fall for this corporate excessive desire for more of something than is needed. Surely this madness needs to end. This year, we should all just stay home - DON’T subscribe to the “must-have” mentality and put an end to this psychotic tradition. Just what does it say about both humanity and the greed of retailers?

Nope, never fall for it. If it was something I wanted that was on offer then maybe I'd buy something. It's just retailers getting rid of shit they haven't sold for ages like old models of phones or computer etc. My missus wants the new fitbit charge 2 I think it is, but.none if the new stuff is in the sales. It's shite American shit. 

2 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Nope, never fall for it. If it was something I wanted that was on offer then maybe I'd buy something. It's just retailers getting rid of shit they haven't sold for ages like old models of phones or computer etc. My missus wants the new fitbit charge 2 I think it is, but.none if the new stuff is in the sales. It's shite American shit. 

Exactly that, it's all the cheap end of the market rubbish. 

In fairness, the target market is the poor really, I wouldn't personally scramble for a Bush 32 inch TV, but some families might see that as a key Christmas present.

Like a cunt, I fell for this today. Mrs SA, has been bitching about a tablet for a while. So i got her that tablet today. May only have been £20 off. Yet her getting what she wants, May just get me some free lovin. (then again shes a woman), They dont really like to shag after you marry them, And i would love to know, Where they get those horrible nighties, that turn up the night after you marry them.