MrMacleod

Food

With me being a chef let's have a food discussion thread.

What's your favorite thing too eat? Cook? Or even a favorite chef or reatuarant to visit.

If your even brave enough, post up some of our own dishes.

23 hours ago, MrMacleod said:

With me being a chef let's have a food discussion thread.

What's your favorite thing too eat? Cook? Or even a favorite chef or reatuarant to visit.

If your even brave enough, post up some of our own dishes.

I go through phases of what i eat. Coming from Birmingham where we tend to live on curry, I have to say curry is my favourite, and the only thing i never get bored of  Madrass Massala  Vindaloo, or chicken tikka,all good. Manzils is the place to eat them from. Also enjoy a Chinese takeaway. As for pub/restaurant food, I do like a decent steak, tho i find a £30 steak in a posh place, isn't really ant better tasting than a £5 steak at a sizzler chain pub. Fish is generally what i have when i eat out. Chef's can make a piece of Cod taste so much different to the next chef. Unfortunately even the best chefs  don't seem to be able to manage that with Steak. A cow's arse is a cows arse, and no chef has ever managed to disguise that.Fish/seafood tho,totally different thing.

1. Turkish - Place in Golders Green, but forgot name of it.

2. Lebanese - Had it a few times in USA. Loved it. 

3. Indian - Always at The Himalaya. Far and away Brum's best.

4. Japanese - Wagamama

5. English - Fish n Chips

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, MrMacleod said:

This calzone has definitely filled me right up!

FB_IMG_1485046537974.jpg

That just looks like a pizza!!!

You sure that's a calzone, have they forgot to fold itmover or put a filling in it. 

2 hours ago, MrMacleod said:

This delight is for my sinner tonight! 900g t bone steak!

FB_IMG_1485105018830.jpg

Looks fatty, and a lot of gristle there.

3 minutes ago, Thomas Shelby said:

My dinner.

IMG_20170122_175120235.jpg

Frozen pre made processed yorkie puds, absolute no no.

Lamb, turkey, chips, stuffing, green beans, homemade Yorkshires and gravy.

T'was scrummy.

The wife didn't like my trifle.

29 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Lacking a bit of girth but it will be nice none the less. 

So you say you work in a kitchen, what role would that be then?

Have we got our very own forum Gordan Ramsey? If so share some recipes, could make for a good thread. 

I do indeed work in a kitchen, I'm a senior sous chef :)

51 minutes ago, Thomas Shelby said:

Lamb, turkey, chips, stuffing, green beans, homemade Yorkshires and gravy.

T'was scrummy.

The wife didn't like my trifle.

Not a feckin chance in hell is that home made Yorkshire pudding! It's that crappy Aunt Bessie type. Be honest here fella.100% microwave stuff.

Mrs Sa makes her Yorkshire pudding the day before she actually cooks it.Lets ask the chef @MrMacleod does that look homemade yorkie pud?

I also on first look thought it was parsnips not chips. I feckin love roasted parsnips and felt a tad jealous for a second or 2.Til i saw the yorkie pud, then i felt sympathy.

6 minutes ago, superally said:

Not a feckin chance in hell is that home made Yorkshire pudding! It's that crappy Aunt Bessie type. Be honest here fella.100% microwave stuff.

Mrs Sa makes her Yorkshire pudding the day before she actually cooks it.Lets ask the chef @MrMacleod does that look homemade yorkie pud?

I also on first look thought it was parsnips not chips. I feckin love roasted parsnips and felt a tad jealous for a second or 2.Til i saw the yorkie pud, then i felt sympathy.

From what I see on the photo, that doesn't look like homemade Yorkshire puddings

If Mrs Sa served me that, I think i may throw  it back at her. May have tasted great after a few beers, Tho the saying goes we eat with our eyes, that greenish brownish looking stuff on the plate there is like something my dog leaves on my lawn.

3 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

100% not a homemade Yorkshire pudding in honesty, who gives a fvck!

If Shelby want's to eat Aunt Bessies, fair play. We don't cook our own puds either, I'd rather roast potatoes than chips but each to their own. 

No roasties = no proper dinner. I thought those chips were Parsnips, @MrMacleod what do you think? chips or parsnips?

I'm not getting involved in an argument about parsnips and potatoes haha!

Me personally I like a good dollop of mash that I can scoop up with a nice thick gravy!

Every person is gonna have different interpretations of their ideal roast!