Red Devil

Improved forum activity

Just wanted to say the forum seems to be heading in the right direction, activity is hugely up and we're now looking more appealing to new forum members. 

Let's keep up the post counts, the more we post the more active the place is, we can get the numbers up and make this place a success. 

Admin

Yeah, its definitely getting better the start of this year. Our ranking in the search engines should improve too as the server is now secured and we also have a dedicated IP address. The increase in posts is good to see and makes it all worthwhile. Thanks to everyone for sticking with the forum. 

We just need to find a way of getting all the old members back and each one of us work on promoting and advertising the site anyway we can.

Admin

I don't know how to get the old members back, i've tried emailing them but the site is pretty old and it was a long time ago since they were on the forum @jcasper has vanished along with @simonutd who were both good members. I know I keep saying this but only time will fix the forum and get it back up to a relatively active state. 

2 hours ago, boro_boy said:

I don't know how to get the old members back, i've tried emailing them but the site is pretty old and it was a long time ago since they were on the forum @jcasper has vanished along with @simonutd who were both good members. I know I keep saying this but only time will fix the forum and get it back up to a relatively active state. 

Quality posts with substance which leave threads open to responses may help too. Too many 10-15 word posts on her, which are basically leaving no room for debate, will not inspire  any potential members, Maybe like old MFF days, we should have a minimum content count.Can't remember what it used to be tho.

1 minute ago, superally said:

Quality posts with substance which leave threads open to responses may help too. Too many 10-15 word posts on her, which are basically leaving no room for debate, will not inspire  any potential members, Maybe like old MFF days, we should have a minimum content count.Can't remember what it used to be tho.

I do on the odd occasion write a small reply, but very rarely. I do enjoy reading an actual paragraph or an interesting reply too which i can ads my own opinion on.

It is a discussion forum after all :)

On 23/01/2017 at 10:47 PM, MrMacleod said:

I do on the odd occasion write a small reply, but very rarely. I do enjoy reading an actual paragraph or an interesting reply too which i can ads my own opinion on.

Odd occasion is fine, we all do that.It's just  people who can rarely contribute more than 10 words, that don't do the forum any favours.

5 hours ago, superally said:

Odd occasion is fine, we all do that.It's just  people who can rarely contribute more than 10 words, that don't do the forum any favours.

The same as those who rant on and post half a dictionary boring us all to sleep in the process.

Behave yourself! 

Admin
On 23/01/2017 at 10:44 PM, superally said:

I'm bad for this, I guess we must all try harder. If you can keep the debate going then obviously more replies will happen. 

6 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I'm bad for this, I guess we must all try harder. If you can keep the debate going then obviously more replies will happen. 

Also, bear in mind that there is absolutely nothing wrong with keeping things brief either.

There is nothing more boring than reading 20 paragraphs about not paying a tv licence.

1 hour ago, Thomas Shelby said:

Also, bear in mind that there is absolutely nothing wrong with keeping things brief either.

There is nothing more boring than reading 20 paragraphs about not paying a tv licence.

That depend's on an individual's intelligence level. We rarely get very long posts 2 or 3 lines of substance, is far better than 10 words that really offer nothing, and leave little room for a response to keep the thread alive, and interesting. Show me 5 posts containing more than 10 paragraph's.

4 hours ago, superally said:

That depend's on an individual's intelligence level. We rarely get very long posts 2 or 3 lines of substance, is far better than 10 words that really offer nothing, and leave little room for a response to keep the thread alive, and interesting. Show me 5 posts containing more than 10 paragraph's.

You should work for Google SA. I must admit I keep my posts very brief, but that's just me. I'm not sure if the bots actually word-count forums. I try my best to contribute but I'm not really a very talkative person so I don't have too much to say most times anyway. I will try harder but I can't promise miracles. I would think that taking part in discussions is what forums are all about really IMO.

Admin

There is a minimum of 15 characters for posts. Sometimes replies need to be blunt and straight to the point. But it does help posting more to get conversation flowing. 

But too much can have a.negative effect too. Some people don't like reading a lot, people on the internet have very short attention span. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.