On 25/01/2017 at 20:25, boro_boy said:

Eddie the Eagle is a good movie, really enjoyed it. Funny and serious at times, he went through some right shite to get where he is.

Is that about the Ski Jumper, who was a total feckin embarrassment to our country?

Never quite sure why back in those days the British public seemed to love loser's, like him, Bruno, Mansell, ETC. Yet some how vilified true champions at that time, like Steve Davis, Eric Bristow, Eubank Daley Thompson etc. Guess that is a large part of the reason's why, the rest of the world left us behind sporting wise back then.Britain made heroes out of loser's.

Thankfully that outlook seem's to have changed nowadays and we now seem to enjoy moment's like Mo Farah, and Jessica Ennis at the Olympics. Murray winning Wimbledon and so on.

Admin
8 hours ago, superally said:

Is that about the Ski Jumper, who was a total feckin embarrassment to our country?

Never quite sure why back in those days the British public seemed to love loser's, like him, Bruno, Mansell, ETC. Yet some how vilified true champions at that time, like Steve Davis, Eric Bristow, Eubank Daley Thompson etc. Guess that is a large part of the reason's why, the rest of the world left us behind sporting wise back then.Britain made heroes out of loser's.

Thankfully that outlook seem's to have changed nowadays and we now seem to enjoy moment's like Mo Farah, and Jessica Ennis at the Olympics. Murray winning Wimbledon and so on.

Yeah that's the one haha, now on hacksaw ridge that @jcasper recommended. Such a good movie. The story line is below.

The extraordinary true story of conscientious objector Desmond T. Doss who saved 75 men in Okinawa, during the bloodiest battle of WWII, without firing a single shot. Believing that the war was just but killing was nevertheless wrong, he was the only American soldier in WWII to fight on the front lines without a weapon. As an army medic Doss single-handedly evacuated the wounded near enemy lines - braving enemy fire and putting his own life on the line. He was the first conscientious objector to ever win the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Admin

I'm watching Bridget Jones - Edge of Reason :)

Then this weekend I'm watching the latest one with the missus haha.

22 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I'm watching Bridget Jones - Edge of Reason :)

Then this weekend I'm watching the latest one with the missus haha.

Sounds like a nightmare. 

Admin
5 minutes ago, Negan said:

Oh I love those movies mate. Enjoy! 

Was that Sarcasm?

I do like ROMCOMs. 

Moana, 

Watched again with the youngest, such a slow start for a Disney film but all in all and enjoyable movie. As is the usual, it's full to the brim with catchy songs. 

My favourite being the song 'Shiny' which is actually a head nod to David Bowie from Disney, love the fact they had a song in his style in dedication to the big man.

Solid 7/10 

Went to see Hidden Figures at the cinema with the Missus last week. It tells the story of three African-American women in the 60s, whose genius mathematical minds helped NASA put a man in space, and eventually on the Moon (though this is not covered in the film itself). Thought it was quite an inspiring depiction of how these women rallied despite how difficult it must have been back then... no-little acceptance in the workplace despite their exceptional abilities, having to use separate 'coloured' bathrooms (one was half a mile away), no access to libraries and not being able to study unless there were coloured college courses being offered.

Lacked drama and plot twists but had plenty to keep you engaged. 7/10

Watched a decent movie last night with the missus on netflix. Edge of Darkness Starring Mel Gibson.

Plot: As homicide detective Thomas Craven investigates the death of his activist daughter, he uncovers not only her secret life, but a corporate cover-up and government collusion that attracts an agent tasked with cleaning up the evidence.

Trailer: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1226273/videoplayer/vi2723086873?ref_=tt_ov_vi

I gave it 4 out of 5 stars on netflix.

Admin

Just watching Law Abiding Citizen as I've never seen it!!

Admin

That does sound good. Might have to watch that. 

Admin

Land of the lost.

DO NIT WATCH ITS SHITE, it's funny in parts and that's just because of will ferrel, he is my favourite comedian actor. But honestly what a shit film.

2/5

After Earth

watched this last night as the kiddies said it was good, it was watchable but that's about it. Don't really like will Smith and the kid actor is shit and annoying. 

3/5

Admin
44 minutes ago, Negan said:

Just started watching Legend with Tom Hardy.

Looks good so far. 

Good film that.

6 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Good film that.

It's a confusing film if you ask me, I enjoyed it but I wasn't sure whether it was supposed to be a serious account of the Kray's or a humorous take on it. 

3 minutes ago, Negan said:

I have read numerous books on the Kray Twins and i believe the film to be an accurate reflection.

Hardy is exceptional in his portrayal of Ronnie.

We've all read numerous books and watched numerous video's about their lives, none of them suggest Reggie was as extrovert as the movie makes out.

It's certainly not anywhere near a close depiction of their lives. 

So stop talking bollocks as usual. 

Reply below added 6 minutes later

Don't hang up

I can only assume it was a straight to DVD horror movie as I've never heard of it, I've also never seen any of the actors either. Having said that horror movies usually work better when they are acted out by unknown actors. 

The movie follows a pair of prank callers who love nothing more than filming themselves prank calling people and then uploading it on the internet, then one night the tables get turned on themselves. Unfortunately for them this prank caller isn't pranking, he has them on complete lock down and using videos and telephone conversations he turns them on each other. 

I won't spoil anymore of the movie but it's got a pretty good twist in the end and it's pretty brutal. 

7/10

Grimsby

Sacha Baron Cohan movie, usually hate him but this had me in stitches from start to finish. Actually had to pause the movie at one stage as I couldn't stop laughing. 

9/10

Reply below added 12 minutes later

Trainspotting

Thought I'd have a quick catch up with the original before taking in the sequel, whilst I remember it being brutal watching it as a teenager, it's seemed far worse as an adult. Unfortunately, that generation was when the true heroin epidemic swept Britain and it's horrific to see on screen. My other half struggled to watch some of drug taking scenes but you can't really deny it's a masterpiece of a movie. 

For someone who hasn't taken heroin it total takes you through the pit falls and downward spiral this drug does to the human body. In my opinion this was the best British movie produced during the nineties. 

10/10