Admin

Watching Edge of Darkness with Mel Gibson in it, he's trying to find the killers of his daughter who was blew to bits on his doorstep. 

Edge of Darkness

Wasn't that amazing, I'd give it 5/10

Law abiding citizen 

On the back of Boroboy and few people at works recommendation, I gave this movie a whirl. 

Loved it, first, you connect with the main character through the death of his family and then you see him shafted by the system. Inside you believe you'd be filled with as much hate but slowly as the movie progresses you realise the man you had so much respect for is actually a systematic psychopath. 

Fantastic movie that's plot ends up extremely far-fetched, but then again it's a movie and its job is to entertain. 

7/10

Edited by Red Devil

Admin

Mad Families

Three families compete for a camping spot during a busy Fourth of July holiday weekend.

Mad Families (2017) - IMDb

So far this is awful, but I've started, so I'll finish!

Reply below added 4 minutes later

Found this review of the film on IMDB.

I'd hate to begin with the cliché 'this is the worst movie ever made,' but this movie (if you can call it that) is certainly in the running. Who knows? Maybe David Spade still believes he has talent and is writing another one that sinks even lower than this debacle, or any of his other box office blunders. He seems dead set on reaching the bottom of the moviedom barrel, and by God, if he can somehow summon all his writing talent, I believe he'll get there.

The film's cast is made up of C, D, and no list celebrities, and Charlie Sheen should have stuck with what he does best . . . whatever that is. Honestly, I haven't seen the ending, and there is no such thing as a 'spoiler alert' with this little gem. There is nothing to spoil. If you do happen to get to the ending before you throw yourself out a window, let me know if we ever get to see the busty blond in a bikini. A little gratuitous skin would certainly lift the artistic integrity of this masterpiece to a whole new level of 1 star entertainment.

:thumbs_up_smiley:

8 hours ago, Red Devil said:

Law abiding citizen 

On the back of Boroboy and few people at works recommendation, I gave this movie a whirl. 

Loved it, first, you connect with the main character through the death of his family and then you see him shafted by the system. Inside you believe you'd be filled with as much hate but slowly as the movie progresses you realise the man you had so much respect for is actually a systematic psychopath. 

Fantastic movie that's plot ends up extremely far-fetched, but then again it's a movie and its job is to entertain. 

7/10

One of my all time favourite movies, such a good plot in the storyline.

At first I didn't have a clue what was happening in the film then realised how the hell he was doing it!

Very good actor he is!

Admin
1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

Mad Families

Three families compete for a camping spot during a busy Fourth of July holiday weekend.

Mad Families (2017) - IMDb

So far this is awful, but I've started, so I'll finish!

Reply below added 4 minutes later

Found this review of the film on IMDB.

:thumbs_up_smiley:

I give Mad Families 

2/10

Reply below added 0 minutes later

47 minutes ago, MrMacleod said:

One of my all time favourite movies, such a good plot in the storyline.

At first I didn't have a clue what was happening in the film then realised how the hell he was doing it!

Very good actor he is!

Yeah i thoroughly enjoyed it. Need to find something else to watch now!

1 minute ago, boro_boy said:

I give Mad Families 

2/10

Reply below added 0 minutes later

Yeah i thoroughly enjoyed it. Need to find something else to watch now!

Started to watch GI Joe last night but cant stand that Channing Tatum acting so turned it off.

Think me and missus are gonna have a harry potter marathon.

Admin

Now watching 

Prisoner (2013)

When Keller Dover's daughter and her friend go missing, he takes matters into his own hands as the police pursue multiple leads and the pressure mounts. But just how far will this desperate father go to protect his family?

Sounds a bit like Edge of Darkness which I watched yesterday.

----------------

I didn't realise it was 2 hours and 33 mins long, was a good film, enjoyed it.

5/10

Pet

Dominic Monaghan plays a desperate loner who falls for a girl he gets talking to on a bus, I won't ruin the whole movie but she basically knocks him back so he decides to kidnap her and keep her in a cage like a pet. 

From that moment on the movie takes so insane twists and turns resulting in what I can only describe as the most bizarre committal to love I've ever seen. 

6/10

On 3/2/2017 at 19:29, Red Devil said:

Don't hang up

I can only assume it was a straight to DVD horror movie as I've never heard of it, I've also never seen any of the actors either. Having said that horror movies usually work better when they are acted out by unknown actors. 

The movie follows a pair of prank callers who love nothing more than filming themselves prank calling people and then uploading it on the internet, then one night the tables get turned on themselves. Unfortunately for them this prank caller isn't pranking, he has them on complete lock down and using videos and telephone conversations he turns them on each other. 

I won't spoil anymore of the movie but it's got a pretty good twist in the end and it's pretty brutal. 

7/10

Sounds similar to Unfriended. A spirit of a deceased girl, who was bullied by the main characters, takes over their lives via skype and uses their secrets to turn them against each other. If they disconnect or lie, they die. Might have to give this one a go tonight

4 hours ago, United Road said:

Sounds similar to Unfriended. A spirit of a deceased girl, who was bullied by the main characters, takes over their lives via skype and uses their secrets to turn them against each other. If they disconnect or lie, they die. Might have to give this one a go tonight

Yes it is similar, unfriended seems to be a format copied in a few movies of late.

Id say don't hang up is better.

7 hours ago, Red Devil said:

Yes it is similar, unfriended seems to be a format copied in a few movies of late.

Id say don't hang up is better.

Just finished Dont Hang Up. Was decent enough. Didn't expect the twist at the end (reminded me of Switchblade Romance in a way but more lame). Decent drama and story but the acting was very poor which took away a lot from it imo. 5/10

Admin

I've just put in leave for this week so off work from 4pm today for the rest of the week. 

I need some good film recommendations. 

Admin

The Young Offenders

MV5BNTAwMmU3NzQtNzE3MC00YTAyLTljMWEtOGI2

Watched this las night as I had nothing to do and it had a 5 star rating on Netflix, it was a pretty decent film, of low budget but it was funny at times. 

Two teenage boys cycle 160km on stolen bikes pursued by police to find a missing bale of cocaine worth 7 million euro. Set around the real event of Ireland's biggest cocaine seizure in 2007 of 440 million euro.

I'd give it a rating of 6/10

Beauty and the beast

A Proper blockbuster that looks set to break box office records. I've never been to the cinema so busy, they literally had every screen showing the movie bar two and everyone was sold out all day!

I thought I wouldn't enjoy it but it was fantastic, I really enjoyed it. 

9/10