Admin

Might have to take the other half to watch this!

Not been to the cinema for a while!

Admin
On 20/03/2017 at 21:02, Red Devil said:

Beauty and the beast

A Proper blockbuster that looks set to break box office records. I've never been to the cinema so busy, they literally had every screen showing the movie bar two and everyone was sold out all day!

I thought I wouldn't enjoy it but it was fantastic, I really enjoyed it. 

9/10

Booked the tickets to watch this on Friday, hope its good, can't believe its 2 hours and 9 mins long!!

No Escape

9/10

Owen Wilson in a serious roll, my god I was literally on the edge of my seat with this one. In fact, I don't think I've ever watched a film that had my heart racing as much as this one, the film itself is great but the story is so believable it actually makes you wonder about visiting somewhere like Thailand.  

Admin

Good film, I thoroughly enjoyed it, it is on the edge of your seat stuff, the best part was the end

Spoiler

when they were going towards the border on the boat.

8 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Good film, I thoroughly enjoyed it, it is on the edge of your seat stuff, the best part was the end

Reveal hidden contents

when they were going towards the border on the boat.

Yeah, that was good. Summed up the film really. 

Don't want to ruin the movie for others so I won't reveal anything, but yes, edge of your seat stuff. 

Admin

Watched beauty and the beast tonight. Was very very good. Loved the lumineer.

Admin

Watched I Am Daniel Blake yesterday, was a good film, following the guy who can't work due to a heart condition try to get benefits. I could have knocked all the jobsworths out who worked at the job centre, A good film, I enjoyed it, 7/10

Arrival

So slow paced and boring, considering I such high hopes the movie failed to deliver anything for me. 

Basically, the movie is about a language expert who's enrolled by the government to communicate with aliens. That's it really, there is a bit of a twist at the end which confused me but I can't offer much more. 

Admin
10 hours ago, Red Devil said:

Arrival

So slow paced and boring, considering I such high hopes the movie failed to deliver anything for me. 

Basically, the movie is about a language expert who's enrolled by the government to communicate with aliens. That's it really, there is a bit of a twist at the end which confused me but I can't offer much more. 

Thanks, I'll give that a miss.

Saw Hacksaw Ridge last week. It tells the story of Desmond Daws, who enrols in the US army during WW2 despite being a pacifist. He refuses to pick up a weapon but instead uses his knowledge as a medic to save lives rather than take them. Thought it was an amazing film. Brilliantly shot scenes, the acting was great and there were some really emotional moments. 9/10

Watched 'The Others' this evening - decent enough horror starring Nicole Kidman.

Off to see Get Out tomorrow. Can't wait

Admin
On 29/03/2017 at 20:04, United Road said:

Saw Hacksaw Ridge last week. It tells the story of Desmond Daws, who enrols in the US army during WW2 despite being a pacifist. He refuses to pick up a weapon but instead uses his knowledge as a medic to save lives rather than take them. Thought it was an amazing film. Brilliantly shot scenes, the acting was great and there were some really emotional moments. 9/10

Watched 'The Others' this evening - decent enough horror starring Nicole Kidman.

Off to see Get Out tomorrow. Can't wait

I loved this film what an actual hero this bloke was. These days the word hero gets used to much like the policeman who died from the terrorist attack. Yeah it was a horrible attack but he wasn't a hero. 

17 hours ago, boro_boy said:

I loved this film what an actual hero this bloke was. These days the word hero gets used to much like the policeman who died from the terrorist attack. Yeah it was a horrible attack but he wasn't a hero. 

Absolutely. The way he kept going back amongst the Japanese and lowering more soldiers down the cliff was amazing. No idea how he escaped their hideout, though!

Get Out was quite good. Creepy atmosphere and even creepier reveal. The last half hour seemed a bit rushed. 7.5/10

4 hours ago, United Road said:

Absolutely. The way he kept going back amongst the Japanese and lowering more soldiers down the cliff was amazing. No idea how he escaped their hideout, though!

Get Out was quite good. Creepy atmosphere and even creepier reveal. The last half hour seemed a bit rushed. 7.5/10

My mate said Get out was really weird, which confused me as that was the point they were trying to make with this movie. 

I can't wait to see it.