The Situation with Adverts On the Site

• Administrator

As you know we have adverts on the website. This is for me to reclaim money I've spent on the forum, the next payment for the website is due this week, I'm obviously going to pay it but it's just under £100 for the year, next year as the URL renews, the IP renews and the secure connection renews, the cost will be close to £200 for the year which isn't too expensive but I'm keeping the adverts on for everyone until next years and this year's costs are done. 

If we meet the costs then I will turn off the adverts for members but keep it on for guests,

I know the majority of you use ad blocking software which is the norm these days as I too use this, but these adverts do help with the running of the site. Anyway I'm not asking you to stop using ad blocking as that's your choice, I just thought I'd let you know the situation with the adverts, 

Cheers

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't mind ads as long as they aren't intrusive. I work for advertising companies and the only sites I have adblocker active for are football streams, torrents and the naughty stuff.

Tbh the ads don't bother me one bit. As a previous forum owner, some people don't understand that it actually costs too run a successful forum these days so your just trying not too be out of pocket.

Let's all have a whip round for BB haha. I'll chuck in a fiver lol :)

• Administrator

Nah its okay, I don't expect you guys to pay anything. I'm being open and honest, you'll see in the image below what the site made.

Soon as I make the required amount for the web hosting i'm about to pay for and then for the payment in a years time. I'll remove all adverts for members. I'm not doing the site to make money, its just a hobby for me and I enjoy running the forum. 

Screenshot_20170207-145251.pngScreenshot_20170207-145421.pngScreenshot_20170207-145431.pngScreenshot_20170207-145437.png

The cost per click can range from pennies to a couple of quid so if any adverts interest you then don't hesitate to click on them but only if they interest you. Don't click on the adverts to help the site as by doing that you are wasting the companies money who is advertising. 

I know mate, was just having a little joke.

I know you like running the forum and we all appreciate it :). I usually use my iPad too access the forum so I rarely are the ads but if anything does interest me, I'll be sure to click on them. I'm a nosey bastard anyway so I'll be clicking on anything at looks interesting.

I was using an adblocker but I have now disabled it on this website to help with costs, even if it is minimal help.  I do however think that what you pay is very expensive for what this site is for.

I run my 2 websites with Unlimited Disk Space, Bandwidth, Domain Hosting, Support, Sub-Domain, MySQL Databases, Email Accounts. Also Included is cPanel and the support is Superb!

I've been with my hosts for several years now and the uptime is Fantastic.

And here's the real Winner..... It's only $3.95 per Month. I'm not shitting you, these guys are superb!

It is shared hosting but these guys make that much money, they don't overcrowd the Rack servers like some hosts do, which means better speed and reliability.

It is Linux based and not Windows so IMO it's a hell of a lot easier to run and maintain.

I won't advertise their name here but if anyone wants to know who they are, feel free to pm me or visit my website.

Here is also some of the stuff Included.

Included.thumb.jpg.4b908044b8f6a6fa3ce7c753020ee6f5.jpg

• Administrator

Advertise all you want, that's how people find out about decent hosts. My last host site5.com were amazing, all the things you said about that are good on your host, the price was $11.99 yeah more expensive but they were well worth it until they were taken over and support went none existent.

I have just bought extras for.this site like SSL and dedicated IP which apparently help with seo.  I'm with siteground right now and you have to pay yearly which is about £80 I don't.mind paying extra if the service is spot on which is it, and the support emails are answered within 5 mins. I've just paid for this year's hosting.  But I'm happy here. The ads should pay for the cost of the site so as I'm not doing this site  to make money,  it's technically free for me.