Jump to content
Negan

Rooney or Ibrahimovic

Rooney or Ibra  

3 members have voted

  1. 1. Rooney or Ibra

    • Rooney
      2
    • Ibrahimovic
      1


Recommended Posts

As Utd fans know they have had the best years of Wayne Rooney and the rest is history.

However, would you have taken the best years of Zlatan Ibrahimovic at your club over Rooney?

I guess what i am asking indirectly is who do you think has been the better player?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really bothered, as none of them has ever played for my club. Trevor Francis aside,(IMO better than both.) I can't see my club ever signing or having a player even close to the quality of either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, superally said:

Not really bothered, as none of them has ever played for my club. Trevor Francis aside,(IMO better than both.) I can't see my club ever signing or having a player even close to the quality of either.

That is why it is in the Man Utd thread.

Birmingham or their players have no relevance to the question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thomas Shelby said:

That is why it is in the Man Utd thread.

Birmingham or their players have no relevance to the question.

I think my post states clearly why i have no interest in the topic. shame you can't contribute anything to your club forum tho fella. I beginning to feel, after only 1 day, Shelby may be showing his Vulcan head again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have Rooney every time, I know what he's done, maybe Ibra wouldn't have contributed as much to the team. 

I certainly don't see Ibra sacrificing himself in the way Rooney did for Ronaldo, Rooney allowed Cristano the space to score the goals that destroyed the league and Europe for three years. 

For the record I've never seen Trevor Francis play football, I know he's got fantastic record with two European cup medals, but he must have been good to have been better than the two mentioned. 

Edited by Red Devil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, superally said:

I think my post states clearly why i have no interest in the topic. shame you can't contribute anything to your club forum tho fella. I beginning to feel, after only 1 day, Shelby may be showing his Vulcan head again.

Whatever....If you have no interest then don't reply.

You are behaving like Vulcan

BB are you taking note? 

Back to topic.

8 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

I would have Rooney every time, I know what he's done, maybe Ibra wouldn't have contributed as much to the team. 

I certainly don't see Ibra sacrificing himself in the way Rooney did for Ronaldo, Rooney allowed Cristano the space to score the goals that destroyed the league and Europe for three years. 

For the record I've never seen Trevor Francis play football, I know he's got fantastic record with two European cup medals, but he must have been good to have been better than the two mentioned. 

Rooney is a better player than TF ever was mate.

Rooney and Ibra have career records that are not unsimilar.

Rooney is selfless though and a better team player overall IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thomas Shelby said:

Whatever....If you have no interest then don't reply.

You are behaving like Vulcan

BB are you taking note? 

Back to topic.

Rooney is a better player than TF ever was mate.

Not sure Rooney would have been half as effective, playing against the likes of Tommy Smith etc, who when going into a challenge, you only hope that you come out with your bolox still attached to your body. Rooney prospered in a different era, an era when any kind of half physical tackle is frowned upon. TF carried a club literally single handedly for nearly 10 years, Most of those without any quality or big money signing's around him. Could Rooney have done this? Different era so we will never know, Tho his temperament suggests he really couldn't have. How many red cards has Rooney had, compared to TF?, In a game that is not really a man's game anymore anyhow. No real Blues fan would put Rooney above TF, I mean not one. Also bear in mind how everything Rooney does is exposed to ridiculous level's through SKY etc. TF never had this exposure, To be honest, if Maradona had the kind of exposure Ronaldo,  Messi etc get, there would never even be a debate who was the best player ever. Maradona would piss it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, superally said:

Not sure Rooney would have been half as effective, playing against the likes of Tommy Smith etc, who when going into a challenge, you only hope that you come out with your bolox still attached to your body. Rooney prospered in a different era, an era when any kind of half physical tackle is frowned upon. TF carried a club literally single handedly for nearly 10 years, Most of those without any quality or big money signing's around him. Could Rooney have done this? Different era so we will never know, Tho his temperament suggests he really couldn't have. How many red cards has Rooney had, compared to TF?, In a game that is not really a man's game anymore anyhow. No real Blues fan would put Rooney above TF, I mean not one. Also bear in mind how everything Rooney does is exposed to ridiculous level's through SKY etc. TF never had this exposure, To be honest, if Maradona had the kind of exposure Ronaldo,  Messi etc get, there would never even be a debate who was the best player ever. Maradona would piss it.

 

 

How many red cards did anyone get from that era, and unless you seen Rooney play in that era how the hell would you know if he could handle it?

To be fair of the players able to handle the rough and tumble of that era I'd certainly say Rooney was one who could handle it.

At the end of the day his record speaks for itself, he's won every club major honour other than the Europa league (what could change this season), he's captained England, finished England's all-time record goalscorer, now he's Manchester United's all-time leading goalscorer. 

Let's not be stupid here and underrated Rooney, he's been phenomenal, he's only every going to be appreciated when he's gone. Other fans have hated him, but every other club would have had him, that's every club, Madrid and Barca included. 

1 minute ago, YIDDO said:

Harry Kane.

Harry Kane....

He's okay, not fit to lace Rooney or Ibra's boots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay. Incorrect but okay. Someone who's  won the golden boot and scored 1 in 2 is worse than Rooney...

Edited by YIDDO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

 

How many red cards did anyone get from that era, and unless you seen Rooney play in that era how the hell would you know if he could handle it?

To be fair of the players able to handle the rough and tumble of that era I'd certainly say Rooney was one who could handle it.

At the end of the day his record speaks for itself, he's won every club major honour other than the Europa league (what could change this season), he's captained England, finished England's all-time record goalscorer, now he's Manchester United's all-time leading goalscorer. 

Let's not be stupid here and underrated Rooney, he's been phenomenal, he's only every going to be appreciated when he's gone. Other fans have hated him, but every other club would have had him, that's every club, Madrid and Barca included. 

Harry Kane....

He's okay, not fit to lace Rooney or Ibra's boots.

If TF only had around him what Rooney had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rooney's record stands up against any other English player in any era.

My statement is backed up by facts and what team I support is irrelevant. 

Rooney any day over TF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, YIDDO said:

Okay. Incorrect but okay. Someone who's  won the golden boot and scored 1 in 2 is worse than Rooney...

 

To be honest only Spurs fans really rate Harry Kane, he's good but I wouldn't spend a fortune on him as he's pretty one dimensional. 

Rooney run the pitch, he was a beast of player, Kane isn't even half the player and he will never even hit a quarter of the level off Wayne. If you wanna believe that's the case I'm not going to bother arguing but it's pointless, as the records, achievements and all-round acclaim Rooney has achieved haven't even been touched by Harry. 

You can kid yourself pal but Harry hasn't done fuck all but score a few goals over two seasons. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thomas Shelby said:

Rooney's record stands up against any other English player in any era.

My statement is backed up by facts and what team I support is irrelevant. 

Rooney any day over TF.

Shame you don't go Blues, Or wasn't there in the TF era. I not knocking Rooney in any way, Tho he may be England's highest goalscorer, and has scored many of those in meaningless friendlies against the likes of San Marino etc, I would be curious as to his goals to games ratio in tournaments.Modern international football is a monetary merry-go-round of fixtures designed to drum up cash for associations who are in debt to builders and stadium architects.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, superally said:

Shame you don't go Blues, Or wasn't there in the TF era. I not knocking Rooney in any way, Tho he may be England's highest goalscorer, and has scored many of those in meaningless friendlies against the likes of San Marino etc, I would be curious as to his goals to games ratio in tournaments.Modern international football is a monetary merry-go-round of fixtures designed to drum up cash for associations who are in debt to builders and stadium architects.
 

 

Have you watched Rooney through all our league wins and runs to Champions league wins and finals?

He's been phenomenal, so stop judging the lad on shitty England, as United fans really could care less about that shite. He's even the record scorer for that shite as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

×