boro_boy

One thing I miss about vBulletin

Admin

is vBookie and the points systems and the stupid Arcade we used to have. I always think about going back to vBulletin as all the addons are free. It was a more customisable software to use too. But the only thing stopping me is there is no way to transfer all the posts and members over so we'd have to start from scratch!! 

I still have vBulletin on this server to fuck about with now and again. 

My Football Forum

Hmm!!!

We're good right now, I feel. vBookie was alright but it descended into a farce and it became some shitty game forum.

Edited by YIDDO

Yeah I agree, was this the forum with vbookie where people would post up games and members placed bets of sound kind?

Just defeated the purpose of a forum and became much more like an arcade competition ...

Stick with IPS mate

Admin

haha, I'm not moving as we can't transfer the database over. So don't worry!!!

Just reminiscing a little!

2 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

haha, I'm not moving as we can't transfer the database over. So don't worry!!!

Just reminiscing a little!

Haha that vbookie has just brought back some memories from the forum lol

Admin

I do think Invision does look a billion times better though. I was just having a passing thought as I realised I still had the vBulletin forum software and database on this server.

Best get rid of it!

8 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I do think Invision does look a billion times better though. I was just having a passing thought as I realised I still had the vBulletin forum software and database on this server.

Best get rid of it!

I used too run many forums years ago, what was that cheap version of Invision power boars going around?!? Can't remember what it was called!

Pretty sure I made a forum using the software haha!

Admin

Well I started with phpBB back in 2002 lol.

Then went to vBulletin all the way until I sold the site in 2013 I think it was, sold it, then I got it back for free in July last year but had moved to IPB. 

I used to love using vB and still have the License I paid for when it was version 4. It cost me a pretty packet too If I recall. I would have stuck to it too if the scheming Bastards didn't want me to pay another full license to move up to version 5. I mean I would have paid an upgrade fee if it wasn't too steep but I'm fecked If i'm gonna pay for it full price again when I already had version 4, I also made this clear to them, to which they told me to pay or be left behind so to speak.

I must admit I have had several websites since and on different CMS's too, but vBulletin was just so easy to customise and I do kinda miss it at times. I guess the best process for this place would be to stick with the IPB, as it seems to be one of the popular formats these days anyhow. I would also think that it is quite expensive to buy it out-right too and I'm not putting myself in that position again, cuz knowing my luck, I'll go pay full price and it won't be as popular as it once was. Sod! that for a game of chess, the missus would string me up by my bollox!

vBookie was what I used too but many of my members just wasn't into Sports at all and only the few that did, either forgot to enter it before Kick-Off or just couldn't be arsed, even after they said they were Interested.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.