Jump to content

Drivers using mobile phones face new penalties this week


boro_boy

Recommended Posts

  • Administrator

People caught using their phone will be fined £200 and given 6 penalty points. 

I think the fines should be means tested so the more you earn, the more you pay!

Fines for parking on yellow lines and any form of illegal parking should be means tested.

But these new fines should work, I admit I use my phone when driving to play music and navigate and text (Via voice commands). I don't use it in heavy traffic, I just use it when its safe to you it. tapping my phone to change the next song is no more dangerous than checking my mirrors in my eyes, it's just the dickheads who text while driving who need to be locked up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

People caught using their phone will be fined £200 and given 6 penalty points. 

I think the fines should be means tested so the more you earn, the more you pay!

Fines for parking on yellow lines and any form of illegal parking should be means tested.

But these new fines should work, I admit I use my phone when driving to play music and navigate and text (Via voice commands). I don't use it in heavy traffic, I just use it when its safe to you it. tapping my phone to change the next song is no more dangerous than checking my mirrors in my eyes, it's just the dickheads who text while driving who need to be locked up.

That will probably still not stop people! The amount of people I still see driving whilst on their phones is crazy!

If people know they use their phones a lot for business/work etc and do a lot of driving, get yourself a Bluetooth headset or get your software built into your phone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, superally said:

My car has a great set up for phone use. I can even do the talk/text thing, where i say it, and the phone sends it. anybody with a modern decent car, has no excuse for doing it.

I'm not really a texting kinda guy, I have my apple account installed into my phone so anyone that calls me it goes straight to my car and speak handsfree

Nifty little thing :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MrMacleod said:

I'm not really a texting kinda guy, I have my apple account installed into my phone so anyone that calls me it goes straight to my car and speak handsfree

Nifty little thing :)

It's so easy isn't it fella? One press of a button on the steering wheel, and the music is paused, and the voice comes out at you through the speakers. No need to be distracted. Tho i dread the day Mrs SA calls me, and i got a few lads in the car talking about who was shagging who the night before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

I know, that's great news isn't it. 

They say texting your worse than being over the limit drinking. Surely if it's worse than drink driving you should be instantly banned. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I know, that's great news isn't it. 

They say texting your worse than being over the limit drinking. Surely if it's worse than drink driving you should be instantly banned. 

Thats a good point. also the way some pedestrians are when using their phones is plain feckin dangerous, It goes beyond stupidity. ref my thread the other week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, superally said:

Thats a good point. also the way some pedestrians are when using their phones is plain feckin dangerous, It goes beyond stupidity. ref my thread the other week.

Yeah your right. The general public are fixated 24/7 on their phones checking Facebook all the time , cunts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    7k
    Total Topics
    176.3k
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    821
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    PowerPunisher
    Newest Member
    PowerPunisher
    Joined
  • New users  1 New user online in the last 24 hours

×
×
  • Create New...