• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

boro_boy

Drivers using mobile phones face new penalties this week

Admin

People caught using their phone will be fined £200 and given 6 penalty points. 

I think the fines should be means tested so the more you earn, the more you pay!

Fines for parking on yellow lines and any form of illegal parking should be means tested.

But these new fines should work, I admit I use my phone when driving to play music and navigate and text (Via voice commands). I don't use it in heavy traffic, I just use it when its safe to you it. tapping my phone to change the next song is no more dangerous than checking my mirrors in my eyes, it's just the dickheads who text while driving who need to be locked up.

4 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

People caught using their phone will be fined £200 and given 6 penalty points. 

I think the fines should be means tested so the more you earn, the more you pay!

Fines for parking on yellow lines and any form of illegal parking should be means tested.

But these new fines should work, I admit I use my phone when driving to play music and navigate and text (Via voice commands). I don't use it in heavy traffic, I just use it when its safe to you it. tapping my phone to change the next song is no more dangerous than checking my mirrors in my eyes, it's just the dickheads who text while driving who need to be locked up.

That will probably still not stop people! The amount of people I still see driving whilst on their phones is crazy!

If people know they use their phones a lot for business/work etc and do a lot of driving, get yourself a Bluetooth headset or get your software built into your phone.

Admin

Yeah, they are all fucking idiots!

I read that they can do you for accepting a call or making a call though, and that's with hands free.

My car has a great set up for phone use. I can even do the talk/text thing, where i say it, and the phone sends it. anybody with a modern decent car, has no excuse for doing it.

1 hour ago, superally said:

My car has a great set up for phone use. I can even do the talk/text thing, where i say it, and the phone sends it. anybody with a modern decent car, has no excuse for doing it.

I'm not really a texting kinda guy, I have my apple account installed into my phone so anyone that calls me it goes straight to my car and speak handsfree

Nifty little thing :)

7 hours ago, MrMacleod said:

I'm not really a texting kinda guy, I have my apple account installed into my phone so anyone that calls me it goes straight to my car and speak handsfree

Nifty little thing :)

It's so easy isn't it fella? One press of a button on the steering wheel, and the music is paused, and the voice comes out at you through the speakers. No need to be distracted. Tho i dread the day Mrs SA calls me, and i got a few lads in the car talking about who was shagging who the night before.

Admin

I know, that's great news isn't it. 

They say texting your worse than being over the limit drinking. Surely if it's worse than drink driving you should be instantly banned. 

56 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I know, that's great news isn't it. 

They say texting your worse than being over the limit drinking. Surely if it's worse than drink driving you should be instantly banned. 

Thats a good point. also the way some pedestrians are when using their phones is plain feckin dangerous, It goes beyond stupidity. ref my thread the other week.

Admin
2 minutes ago, superally said:

Thats a good point. also the way some pedestrians are when using their phones is plain feckin dangerous, It goes beyond stupidity. ref my thread the other week.

Yeah your right. The general public are fixated 24/7 on their phones checking Facebook all the time , cunts. 

My opinion is that all things that stop you concentrating on the road should be banned while driving and should have hefty fines and points on their license.