New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
boro_boy

Tunisia beach attack: British families to sue TUI

Tunisia beach attack: British families to sue TUI - BBC News

How can they sue the holiday maker?

Yeah it was a horrendous terrorist attack, but surely they can't sue them?

Does that mean if someone starts a fight with me when i'm on a package holiday, can I sue the holiday company???

All people care about is money!

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

Tunisia beach attack: British families to sue TUI - BBC News

How can they sue the holiday maker?

Yeah it was a horrendous terrorist attack, but surely they can't sue them?

Does that mean if someone starts a fight with me when i'm on a package holiday, can I sue the holiday company???

All people care about is money!

Long shot i know- The tour operator buys a load of rooms on these resort's, they have a responsibility to make sure required standard's are met. That would also include security standards, which is where the failure lies imo. 

In Sharm El Sheikh, they have boats patrolling and security on the beaches, a very visible security, check points everywhere,guards on entrance to resort and hotel building itself. The security in Sharm actually grated on me a little bit as it seemed so intense. Tunisia obviously is/was very lax in security, bear in mind, holiday wise and security wise, it carries a similar threat.

When i was in Tunisia can honestly say saw little if any security.

I also honestly believe Seifeddine Rezgui, would never have managed to step out of his boat in Sharm.

TUI, having taken over Thomson etc, and being a corporation, will always put profit before people. Fuck em, I hope they get sued for million's, and the shareholders get feck all for Xmas. Just like the victim's.

Edited by superally

2 minutes ago, superally said:

Long shot i know- The tour operator buys a load of rooms on these resort's, they have a responsibility to make sure required standard's are met. That would also include security standards, which is where the failure lies imo. 

In Sharm El Sheikh, they have boats patrolling and security on the beaches, a very visible security, check points everywhere,guards on entrance to resort and hotel building itself. The security in Sharm actually grated on me a little bit as it seemed so intense. Tunisia obviously is/was very lax in security, bear in mind, holiday wise and security wise, it carries a similar threat.

When i was in Tunisia can honestly say saw little if any security.

I also honestly believe Seifeddine Rezgui, would never have managed to step out of his boat in Sharm.

TUI, having taken over Thomson etc, and being a corporation, will always put profit before people. Fuck em, I hope they get sued for million's, and the shareholders get feck all for Xmas. Just like the victim's.

So is that what you think should happen on every holiday, the tour operator has to ensure that armed guards and armed security officers are everywhere. In the water, on the beaches, inside the hotels and at checkpoints all over resorts? That just can't be done and if it was, the cost would transfer to the holiday makers. If money wasn't involved then no one would want to sue anyone!

In my opinion if the UK government does not have any restrictions in place in a certain country, then security is not needed. 

Just now, boro_boy said:

So is that what you think should happen on every holiday, the tour operator has to ensure that armed guards and armed security officers are everywhere. In the water, on the beaches, inside the hotels and at checkpoints all over resorts? That just can't be done and if it was, the cost would transfer to the holiday makers. If money wasn't involved then no one would want to sue anyone!

In my opinion if the UK government does not have any restrictions in place in a certain country, then security is not needed. 

First thing i have to say here fella is- So many politicians are involved in these corporations, I seriously doubt a politician would put his own profit before a holidaymakers security. Politicians are amongst the most corrupt evil lying people on the planet.

I also disagree on your other point. The cost of security in Sharm is met by the Egyptian government, as the cost in Tunisia would/should be met by their government.

The UK government had no restrictions in Sharm prior to the Russian plane being shot down by the American creation known as ISIS.  After a car bomb many years before, the Egyptian government was wise enough to know how valuable the tourist money is to their economy, and viewed security as a priority, the benefit from this was a growing amount of British holiday makers. Holiday makers to Sharm peaked at over 14m. Since the plane was shot down, tourism from Russia (who were the majority), and the UK has virtually died. This has crippled the place.

Tunisia has in the past had incidents of Islamic terrorism, however small, they were ignored as a threat. Egypt viewed it differently acted and prospered. Tunisia ignored it and are now paying the price economically. We could go round in circle's all night over this, so can i just give a brief example of pro active government/policing here?

Look at Spain, the Canaries, Balearics- Majorca etc. The the biggest amongst British holiday makers is the lucky lucky men, that constantly harass them, they spoil many a person's holiday. Teneriffe and Majorca being the worst places for them.

The Portuguese look at this and learn and benefit from it. Hence Portugal has become the best rated place in Europe to go on holiday for the last 3 years. UK tourism to Portugal is rocketing, whilst the Canaries Majorca etc, is on the decline.

Simple reason for this is, Portugal know what annoy's and deter's people and won't tolerate it.

A lot of families save all year for holiday's they can barely afford. I don't think it's asking a lot of a corporation to ensure that these people at least can return home safely.

Made my blood boil reading todays report's.The Tunisian police force were on the scene within minutes but chose not to act until over 30 minutes later allowing that piece of shit to stroll along that beach that you or I and our families could have been holidaying on killing tourists at leisure!
38 people shot and killed before he was eventually taken out, what a fecking disgrace and I for one will never, ever visit that country again or give them cowards a single round coin from out of my pocket 
R.I.P The 38.

Guest Red Devil

To be honest, I was in Sharm in 2014 and I never felt fully safe once, such an intimidating place if you get lost or walk into an area you aren't familiar with. Plus like many European resorts you get hassled that much around the shops you end up staying within your huge hotel complex as it's just less hassle.