My Football Forum Messages

Welcome Football Fan - Please register to join in the discussion

You can use your Facebook or Google account to log into the site instantly, click here to login

Sign up and enter our competition to win a replica football shirt (Competition closes on 7th July 2017)

boro_boy

Germany v England

20 posts in this topic

Germany vs England
1264t.pngs-l300.jpg
Friendlies
Wednesday 22nd March, 19:45
Signal Iduna Park, Dortmund, Nordrhein-Westfalen

What are your predictions for this match? Friendlies don't really do it for me, they are boring as hell as there is nothing to play for. We beat them the last time we played them but I can't see us beating them, England are so boring to watch. If i'm not at home or not driving home tomorrow night then i'll have this on in the background. 
fatpipe likes this

I'm gonna go for a 0-0 draw!

Yeah i'm thinking it will be something like that!

It's always nice to beat the Germans. The last game against them was by far the best we ever played under Hodgson.

Do you think Southgate can get a result tonight?

#: 6   Posted (edited)

It's Germany, how can it be friendly? Merkel like Hitler before has fecked Europe right up.

Edited by superally
boro_boy likes this

Just kicked off, I think we'll lose.

Reply below added 0 minutes later

FFS they've mentioned '66 already, and thats less than a minute into the game. 

Thought the Germans should have held a minute's silence for the victim's in London today,. Especially as the attackers were more than likely invited by their chancellor Merkel. Year to the day after the Brussell's attack's too.

Nah, we have these minutes silences every week these days, they don't mean anything anymore.

The minutes applause is embarrassing too, I hate the way stuff like this is forced onto people.

Playing alright, still boring as hell. 

Germany winning now, great goal too!

I would have thought that was the perfect performance for England. 

Played well but didn't win in a friendly rather than play well and win in a friendly and everyone thinks they are the best team ever.

We played well against a load of German kids with little experience at that level. 

Yet we still lost, very English. 

Had £100 on a 0-0 draw at 9/1 from William hill!

Dam podolski!!

£100!!!

You have too much "expendable" cash at hand haha

14 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

We played well against a load of German kids with little experience at that level. 

Yet we still lost, very English. 

The side we put out also has little experience at that level, did well, eventually beaten by a very good goal.

Thought we looked good with a back 3, a few players back (Rose, Kane... :ninja:) and we have the makings of a good side.

Seemed like a Blues game under Zola.

3 at the back 

Lots of possession 

Few chances created 

Lost the game 

3-2-2-2-1 doesn't work.

8 hours ago, YIDDO said:

The side we put out also has little experience at that level, did well, eventually beaten by a very good goal.

Thought we looked good with a back 3, a few players back (Rose, Kane... :ninja:) and we have the makings of a good side.

Rose & Kane walk into that side, Bertrand is a great understudy but Rose is far better. 

I'm not saying we didn't play well, yeah, of course we did. We still got beat though, very English, and until we can break that mentality, we will always lose matches. 

14 hours ago, Red Devil said:

Rose & Kane walk into that side, Bertrand is a great understudy but Rose is far better. 

I'm not saying we didn't play well, yeah, of course we did. We still got beat though, very English, and until we can break that mentality, we will always lose matches. 

Sadly that very English mentality extend's way beyond football. Hero worshipping people like Eddie the eagle Edwards, Frank Bruno and so many other loser's. At the same time vilifying people like Eric Bristow, Steve Davis, Chris Eubank,Daley Thompson, to name but 4, who were winners, regarding them as arrogant etc. show me a good loser, and i will show you a loser simple really. 

As you say, the mentality has to change. I saw big improvements in it tho, during the 2012 Olympics.  Who can ever forget those Jessica Ennis or Mo Farah moments tho?

16 minutes ago, superally said:

Sadly that very English mentality extend's way beyond football. Hero worshipping people like Eddie the eagle Edwards, Frank Bruno and so many other loser's. At the same time vilifying people like Eric Bristow, Steve Davis, Chris Eubank,Daley Thompson, to name but 4, who were winners, regarding them as arrogant etc. show me a good loser, and i will show you a loser simple really. 

As you say, the mentality has to change. I saw big improvements in it tho, during the 2012 Olympics.  Who can ever forget those Jessica Ennis or Mo Farah moments tho?

Yes, we do seem to have hit something within the athletics, cycling and Rugby union. 

We're light years behind in other sports, it almost feels we've lost before we take the field. 

4 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Yes, we do seem to have hit something within the athletics, cycling and Rugby union. 

We're light years behind in other sports, it almost feels we've lost before we take the field. 

I think the media may have something to do with this, they have a massive sway on most peoples way of thinking. They managed to convince people Kylie Minogue could actually sing FFS!