Jump to content
New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
boro_boy

Ive Started Slimming world

Recommended Posts

Started skilling world on Saturday just gone. 

16st 2lbs is what  i weighed.

Started the actual diet today. Looks pretty decent, you just have to plan your meals carefully. 

Anyone else done any diets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Nope. If I gain a few pounds i just eat less.

My weight is pretty stable to be fair. Around 14 stones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Negan said:

Nope. If I gain a few pounds i just eat less.

My weight is pretty stable to be fair. Around 14 stones. 

Mine is stable but at around 16st. 

I've mainly done this to help my missus for support. But it seems good. I'll let you know in here if it works!!

It should do as my breakfast was TINY!!! I had 35 grams of shreaddies with 80ml of milk

Lunch i'm having a ham sandwich with tomato  and lettuce with a bit of butter on a Warburtons Sandwich Thin.

Tonight i'm having spag bog which I can apparently have as much as I want as its made with lean turkey mince, has peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, tomato puree. Having it with rice though which is syn free too. 

Between meals i'm snacking on oranges, blueberries, bananas and blackberries. 

All good so far.

This is day one though!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Red Devil said:

I've known people lose incredible amounts of weight on that diet, it's more a lifestyle change than a diet as you can eat so much. 

Stick with it, defo works. 

Yeah one of the lads who was there has lost 3 stone in 14 weeks which is impressive. I only want to lose 3 stone and not a quickly as that. Makes you think what your putting in your mouth too. Yeah its definitely a lifestyle change!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Follow a diet for diabetes.

You will definitely lose weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Amy said:

I've been on slimming world before and lost 3 stone. I put it back on again when I started medication. I have now stopped the medication so I am starting slimming world again this week. Good luck with it BB it really does work.

Thanks :) yeah I've ready quiet a bit about it. It was the missus idea as she wants to lose weight, I just said i'd go for support for her. Hopefully I don't lose more than her as she will be disheartened lol. I think with the lack of bread i'll be eating, the weight should fall off me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i struggle with weight all the time , Just now i am 17-5 stones but i do yo-yo  a bit thing is it is very to put on but hard to get off anyway i will say when i had the stroke i dropped to 11 stone but since coming out of hospital i find it very hard to control

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fatpipe said:

i struggle with weight all the time , Just now i am 17-5 stones but i do yo-yo  a bit thing is it is very to put on but hard to get off anyway i will say when i had the stroke i dropped to 11 stone but since coming out of hospital i find it very hard to control

I found the first group meeting I went too very insightful, I have a good feeling about this as I want to lose weight, I don't want to go to the group and put on weight as I hate being judged so this is kind of peer pressure but in a good way. There were about 20 people in the group and the group lost 60lbs in one week which is pretty good and it obviously works!

Have you tried doing anything like this? I told people I was doing it at work and they all took the piss out of me but fuck em! The groups are very female biased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

 

They take the piss out of you now but lose the three stone and they will praise your dedication pal. 

 

Yeah I'm hoping so.

Should be easy to do as I do love my fruit and veg. Basically eating fruit for snacks. Expensive though for the blueberries and raspberries ect. I know there only £2 a tub but it soon ads up. Bananas are cheap though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
8 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Yeah I'm hoping so.

Should be easy to do as I do love my fruit and veg. Basically eating fruit for snacks. Expensive though for the blueberries and raspberries ect. I know there only £2 a tub but it soon ads up. Bananas are cheap though. 

Aldi for the fruit n veg mate.

Cheap and good quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Negan said:

Aldi for the fruit n veg mate.

Cheap and good quality.

I might give it a go, the only things I get from Lidl is their dishwasher tablets as they are very good and cheap too!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
39 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I might give it a go, the only things I get from Lidl is their dishwasher tablets as they are very good and cheap too!

 

Aldi not Lidl mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've known a few people use SW and it's easily the best system out there. Some of their recipes and packaged food are delicious, too. 

I've been hitting the gym and eating a little less in the last couple of months and have lost half a stone. Weighing myself tomorrow and interested to see how much I lost walking around the Netherlands last week. 96km in 5 days has to be worth something!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, United Road said:

I've known a few people use SW and it's easily the best system out there. Some of their recipes and packaged food are delicious, too. 

I've been hitting the gym and eating a little less in the last couple of months and have lost half a stone. Weighing myself tomorrow and interested to see how much I lost walking around the Netherlands last week. 96km in 5 days has to be worth something!

Thats a good effort that like!

I am only doing 10,000 steps a day, tracked with my Fitbit Charge 2. This keeps me moving during the day. I also have linked it to myfitnesspal where i'm adding my food i'm eating, I don't like the SW food planner. I'm probably going to have to get used to it though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been vegetarian for nearly three years now and I'm in the best shape I've ever been. I don't miss meat at all, although I did have craving for a fat steak most weeks for the first year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Negan said:

Do u eat meat substitutes?

Not often. Quorn frozen mince is okay, I get most of my protein from Tofu (which took some getting used too), beans and nuts

Edited by YIDDO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Negan said:

I was thinking about becoming a vegetarian.

Do you eat fish and eggs?

I did eat fish in the beginning - weekends only, but I cut it out after a month or two. 

They technically count as vegetarian but I don't eat eggs - just a personal decision that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.