boro_boy

Ive Started Slimming world

Admin

I don't go to Aldi, don't really like it, i'll pop in though and see what they have to offer.

I've known a few people use SW and it's easily the best system out there. Some of their recipes and packaged food are delicious, too. 

I've been hitting the gym and eating a little less in the last couple of months and have lost half a stone. Weighing myself tomorrow and interested to see how much I lost walking around the Netherlands last week. 96km in 5 days has to be worth something!

Admin
2 minutes ago, United Road said:

I've known a few people use SW and it's easily the best system out there. Some of their recipes and packaged food are delicious, too. 

I've been hitting the gym and eating a little less in the last couple of months and have lost half a stone. Weighing myself tomorrow and interested to see how much I lost walking around the Netherlands last week. 96km in 5 days has to be worth something!

Thats a good effort that like!

I am only doing 10,000 steps a day, tracked with my Fitbit Charge 2. This keeps me moving during the day. I also have linked it to myfitnesspal where i'm adding my food i'm eating, I don't like the SW food planner. I'm probably going to have to get used to it though!

I've been vegetarian for nearly three years now and I'm in the best shape I've ever been. I don't miss meat at all, although I did have craving for a fat steak most weeks for the first year.

56 minutes ago, Negan said:

Do u eat meat substitutes?

Not often. Quorn frozen mince is okay, I get most of my protein from Tofu (which took some getting used too), beans and nuts

Edited by YIDDO

13 minutes ago, Negan said:

I was thinking about becoming a vegetarian.

Do you eat fish and eggs?

I did eat fish in the beginning - weekends only, but I cut it out after a month or two. 

They technically count as vegetarian but I don't eat eggs - just a personal decision that one.

Admin

I had my weigh in on Saturday, I lost 6 lbs in my first week.

I'm enjoying slimming world and the food I'm eating, I've never eaten so much fruit in my life!!

Admin

I was slimming of the week today, I lost 6lbs on my first week and 5 1/2 lbs this week, hopefully i'll get another one next week.

Admin
21 hours ago, Negan said:

Wow. That is great.

What is your target weight? 

My target weight is 13 stone. But once I reach it I'll see what I look like and I'll probably change it it.

20 hours ago, Red Devil said:

That's fantastic, just goes to show how much shite you must have been pumping into your body each week. 

Has the diet bothered you?

Yeah I know, I would go to tesco and buy utter shite, crisps, doughnuts I would eat two of the doughnuts before I got back home.

1 hour ago, Babycakes said:

That is great. I also have lost 61b in my first week.

That's excellent, keep it up. My fiancé lost 6lbs in two weeks. So all is good. 

Admin

2lb is the perfect steady weight to lose. Imagine losing just 2lb every week. That's 8lb a month. I've done well this week I think. 100% stuck to the distance again. Hopefully I'll lose another few pounds to get my stone award. I'm really enjoying this diet so it's very easy for me. 

Admin
On 09/06/2017 at 20:50, Babycakes said:

Cool. Slimming world is great isn't it?

Yeah, I'm really enjoying it, I only lost 1lb last week for some strange reason as nothing has changed. I do feel as though I lost the most weight last week, my consultant just said I'll have lost inches rather than weight this week and this does happen! But still sticking to it, I'm in my 4th week now and I'm feeling better, going to lose about another stone before I start running. 

On 09/06/2017 at 20:49, Negan said:

What do you have to do at Slimming World?

Just follow their rules and go to the group meetings, most people just leave after they've been weighed but me and my Fiancee stick behind and get tips for recipes and stuff, it's very useful if you stay behind!

Admin
19 minutes ago, Babycakes said:

Some people do lose it quick. I remember when I was on slimming world about 3 years a go I was only losing 2lb a week, This time I lost 6lb in my first week and now I am only losing 2lb a week again but I am still happy about it because a loss is a loss. My daughter once lost 10lb in one week. This week though I have been naughty because I have ate out twice but I am now determined to stick with it. Has your fiance lost much?

She's lost 7 1/2 lbs, she got her 1/2 stone award Saturday just gone. So where both doing really well at the moment. Like you said a loss is a loss at the end of the day so i'm still happy with only losing 1lb. 

image.png

I do love eating all the Blueberries and Strawberries and all the other fruit i'm eating, also i'm eating loads more veg, but getting bored of eating Broccoli, Green beans and Carrots for every meal. Yesterday we cooked this from the slimming world website

https://group.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/baked-cannelloni.aspx

bake cannelloni.pdf