New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
boro_boy

Ive Started Slimming world

Just now, Babycakes said:

That's great.

I've lost 11lb now. I am getting a bit fed up with slimming world.

Why are you getting fed up is you've nearly lost a stone? 

There is so much you can eat. 

9 minutes ago, Babycakes said:

Just seem's to be taking forever lol.

I only eat the same thing all the time because I am so fussy with my food.

I don't eat veg (only peas)

I just eat minted lamb in gravy with Charlotte potatoes every day (gets a bit boring)

Usually have egg and bacon on toast every morning then sometimes I eat a banana and Yogurt for lunch.

Ahh yeah, that could be a problem then. I love my veg so this is easy for me. How come you only like peas lol. 

Garden peas are a super food. 

Do you not like tomatoes?

Do you like fruit? I love clementines, I have 3-4 each day, also a banana a day when I remember to bring them to work, which I didn't this week. I'm  aiming for a 2lbs loss this week then that's my 10% of body weight lost.

Reply below added 2 minutes later

1 minute ago, boro_boy said:

Garden peas are a super food. 

Do you not like tomatoes?

Do you like fruit? I love clementines, I have 3-4 each day, also a banana a day when I remember to bring them to work, which I didn't this week. I'm  aiming for a 2lbs loss this week then that's my 10% of body weight lost.

I lie, I looked at the wrong list. 

This is the list I have in my Kitchen, pinned up so I can quickly check. It's not the full list but it's the list of foods I like, so I typed them all up as I didn't like all of the speefy / free foods in the book.

Speedy Food

Fruits

Apples

Blackberries

Clementines

Lemons

Limes

Mandarins

Oranges

Passion Fruit

Peaches

Raspberries

Strawberries

Vegetables

Aparagus

Baby Sweetcorn

Broccoli

Butternut Squash

Carrot

Cauliflower

Courgettes

Cucumber

Garlic

Green Beans

Kale

Leeks

Lettuce

Mushrooms

Onions

Peppers

Rocket

Spinach

Spring Onion

Tomatoes

Free Food

Fruit

Bananas

Blueberries

Pineapple

Vegetables

Potatoe

Sweet Potato

Sweetcorn

Fish

Cod (Plain/Smoked)

Haddock (Plain/Smokes)

Hake

Plaice

Pollock

Red Snapper

Seabass

Mackerel (Not Smoked)

Salmon (Fresh/Canned/Smoked)

Tuna (Fresh/Canned in Brine or Water)

Crab sticks

Free Food

Meat / Poultry

Lean Bacon

Beef

Ham

Mince (<5%)

Pork

Chicken

Turkey

Dairy

Fat Free Natural Fromage Frais

Fat Free Natural yogurt

Quark

Eggs

Rice/Pasta/Grains

CousCous

Dried Pasta

Spaghetti

Dried Plain Noodles

Quinoa

Rice

Beans/Peas/Lentils

Bakes Beans in Tomato Sauce

Chick Peas

Lentils

Peas (All Varieties)

Red Kidney beans

All herbs and spices, vinegar, salt and pepper, stocks, soy sauce, tomato puree, fat free dressings, sweetener, low cal cooking spray and worcestershire sauce.

Healthy A Choice

350ml Skimmed

250ml Semi-Skimmed Milk

1ltr Unsweetened Almond Milk

500ml Sweetened Almond Milk

400ml Unsweetened Soy Milk

300ml Sweetened Soy Milk

30g Chedder  (6 syns)

Tesco Mild/Medium/Mature Cheese, Lighter, 30% Less Fat (40g) (6 syns)

45g Feta  (6 syns)

65 g Reduced Fat Feta  (6 syns)

Halloumi standard (35g) (5 ½ syns)

Halloumi reduced fat/light (45g) (5 ½ syns)

Mozzarella cows milk (50g)  (6 syns)

Mozzarella reduced fat/light (70g)  (6 syns)

Parmesan, parmigiano reggiano, grana padano fresh (30g) (6 syns)

Philadelphia Soft Cheese Lightest Mini Tubs (3 x 35g) (5 syns)

The Laughing Cow Cheese Triangles, Extra Light (6 x 17.5g) (5 ½ syns)

Healthy B Choice

45g Bran Flakes (7 ½ syns)

40g Porridge (7 syns)

Tesco Malt Wheats Cereal (40g) (7 syns)

Weetabix (2) (7 ½ syns)

Kingsmill Wholemeal Sandwich Thins 6/9 pack (1 x 41g) (5 syns)

Wholemeal bread small loaf (2 x med slice) (6 syns)

Bread rolls wholemeal (1 small (60g)) (6 syns)

Hi-Fi x2 (6 syns)

11 hours ago, Babycakes said:

The only things that I like from this list is bananas, bread, Chicken, Potatoes (but they have to be the Charlotte ones), bacon and egg but it has to be on toast. Milk I like but I have that in my tea. I like weetabix but I don't think I would use 7 syns on them.

I do eat grapes everyday. I did weigh myself this morning and I have lost another 2lb, I think it's because I have added bacon and egg to my diet lol. I am happy again.

8 hours ago, Red Devil said:

The slimming world diet is no good unless you have a broader pallet than just the basics. 

We've been following the diet in our house through the week for health reasons but I'm not 100% following it because I enjoy my weekends. 

Like Red Devil says, you need to eat more. Can you not just try to like more veg, is it the taste or texture you don't like. Can you not make chilli or spaghetti Bolognese and sneak veg into it. 

Well that's not.good.

Lost another 3 1/2 pounds this week so I'm very happy. Having s few drinks tonight so don't think I'll lose as much this week.

Here's my graph from the last 8 weeks. Not bad.

Screenshot_20170715-231344.png

Drank 12 cans of cider this weekend just gone, wonder how this will affect my weight loss OR gain.:) I'm sure I'll be okay. 

I have a few things that can stop me losing weight in the next month, I have an engagement BBQ at the end of this month and then off to Wales to see my fiancees family and for my family to finally meet hers. So more drinking and eating out!

Lost another 2lbs this week so I just need 1 1/2 lbs and I'll have lost 2 stone! 

Now on my 10th week but can't get weighed next week as I'm having an engagement BBQ and will still be pissed in the morning I get weighed so won't be able to drive there!

Aye, and last week I drunk 12 cans of cider so as long as I'm strict during the week I can get away with it, well for the time being anyway!

Well I've not been to a slimming world meeting for 3 weeks now, missed the last two meetings, because of work and my BBQ. Not been good either, I've drunk, have fish and chips, Parmo, and eaten crisps and sweets! I'll be absolutely amazed if I've not put anything on. Not too bothered if I have as I know what has to be done to lose it again. I've signed up to the SW groups Facebook page and it's like the x-factor with all the sob stories, does my nut in haha. 

Oh tell me about it, there all CRAZY!!!!

They eat shit during the week then they're shocked they've piled on the weight, 

I know I'm not going to have lost weight. But saying that, the last 2 times I thought I was going to put weight on, I lost, then told everyone I ate shit and lost weight, I'm sure the people hate me there hahaha. I like going there but people\ do my tits in, talking about their health problems. I'm like, I don't give a fuck fatty stick :)  to your diet and you'll lose weight. It is as simple as that. Fair enough the odd week you'll maintain or gain a little but continue sticking to the diet 100% and you'll lose weight. Humans are just addicted to shite, myself included. But if you have a big enough healthy meal, your Cravens will reduce dramatically.  

Right, I've written this, I'm now going to fix all my spelling mistakes with Grammarly. 

RANT OVER

Went to the group today and only put in 1 1/2 lbs which is good for eating shut for 3 weeks since my last weigh in. 

Going to be strict this week and next, before I go to Wales. I want to get my 2 stone total loss.

Oh I forgot to mention, I get my 2 stone certificate on Saturday. So after only 13 weeks I've lost 2 stone which is good. I lost 3lbs last week. 

Now I'm missing this Saturday's weigh in as ill be driving back home from Wales. 

Well done. I have stalled again, been eating out a lot. 2 stone is a great achievement [emoji4]
Thank you, yeah it's good. Off the diet now, well for a week anyway.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Well, I came back from Wales after drinking too much and eating too much, got weighed Saturday just gone and put on 5lbs haha :).

I enjoyed putting the weight on and expected a big ish again. But back on it now! Well, I was until I had my lunch which the Navy provided which consisted of.

1 Small bottle of water (0)
1 Tunnicks Caramel Wafer Bar (6.5)
1 Packet of Seabrook Crisps (8.5)
1 Sandwich on white bread (Ham and cheese) (15)

I am allowed 20 Syns and that meal alone was 30 Syns!!!! WTF lol

They also provided an apple and a yogurt with no spoon ha, so everyone left them.

On 07/09/2017 at 18:08, Babycakes said:

I would if I liked salad.

Most salads have shit tonne of dressing on which makes it nice but would be a lot of syns as it oil. Without the dressing, salads are bland. Got my weigh in tomorrow at 0930. Not been the best this week so not expecting a loss. I'd be happy with a gain, well I say that, I won't be happy as I want to lose but a gain is better than putting even more back on. 

I'm sure this diet has made me think, I can't eat or drink bad shit anymore and I feel guilty when I eat crisps or bead. I used to eat 8 slices of toastie bread (extra thick) on most days before I started slimming world. 

Oh well, I'll report back when I've got my weight. 

Well my hard work this week paid off. Wasn't easy as I kept snacking. But I lost 2.5lbs. my aim this week is to lost between 4 and 6 lbs and hopefully get slimmer of the week.  My missus out 2lbs on this week. It's shark week so she is emotionally eating haha. 

Screenshot_20170909-170226.png

Screenshot_20170909-170316.png

3 minutes ago, Babycakes said:

Lost 1 stone 6lb altogether. Probably put weight back on next week when I am on holiday.

Oh yeah definitely, but you have to enjoy yourself in holiday. I put 5lbs on when I went to Wales. Lost it all again now though.