Red Devil

Getting married next year, need advice

Okay, so I'm finally getting married to my fiancee next year. We're planning on getting married in Greece in a nice little chapel with our wedding reception in a restaurant next to a stunning beach. 

Here is where I need advice, how on earth do I approach people to ask them to attend. You're not only asking them to attend your wedding as there is a huge financial outlay. Some of my family members are important to me and it's going to come as a shock to find out they've got to pay to attend my wedding. 

How would you approach it?

12 minutes ago, Babycakes said:

That is actually a good idea.

It is the best way I think. 

Well, the wedding is now booked and I've message all my family members in a group Facebook message and WhatsApp group.

The response has completely knocked us for six, everyone understands and can't wait to come and celebrate with us. I'm over the moon with the response in all honesty. 

Admin

That's good, you need your family and friends at your wedding! 

I'm not getting married for another 5 years! Where thinking about having it in North Yorkshire somewhere, probably in a country house / hall. Where the wedding and reception are in the same place. 

Admin
11 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Raven Hall Country House Hotel in Ravenscar

We went to a wedding at Raven hall and it was lovely, the grounds has castle walls and it also has a path down to a stunning beach. 

Looks nice, might have to add this to the list of possible places to go to.