Babycakes

Health problem

I'm trying not to worry about this but I can't help it.

I have been having aches on the right side of my face for about 5 weeks, So I decided to go the dentist last week thinking it was my teeth, the dentist checked my teeth and said they are fine, but she said I have a white patch in my mouth and has referred me to the dental hospital. I stupidly looked it up on Google and it said mouth cancer. I have been worried ever since. I now have to wait for the appointment. I called the dental hospital the other day and they said the appointment could take about 2 weeks. I'm shitting it.

I do smoke but I have since quit. I went to see my doctor last Friday and she said it could be leukoplakia but she was more concerned about these aches in the side of my face and said that I just have to wait for the appointment.

You should never self-diagnose from the internet. 

Fingers crossed it's something not too bad and your worries are for nothing. There are more than likely hundreds of things this thing could be. 

Yes I know that I shouldn't self diagnose. I just typed in to google my symptoms and cancer came up. I am sorry that I ever did it now.

29 minutes ago, Babycakes said:

Yes I know that I shouldn't self diagnose. I just typed in to google my symptoms and cancer came up. I am sorry that I ever did it now.

To be fair most things involving the human body can be related back to cancer. I wouldn't worry about it until you've visited the doctor, I know it's not easy but you've got to get it out of your mind. 

1 minute ago, Red Devil said:

To be fair most things involving the human body can be related back to cancer. I wouldn't worry about it until you've visited the doctor, I know it's not easy but you've got to get it out of your mind. 

That is true. tbh I'm not as worried now like I was last week. I just want to know what it is.

47 minutes ago, Babycakes said:

I'm with red devil, never use doctor Google. I know we all do as it's easier than making an appointment with your GP. Hopefully it's nothing too serious. 

It could be neuralgia. 

I just did a quick google on that. It says that you get severe sharp pain with neuralgia. This isn't severe it is more of an achy feeling. I don't even know where in my face it is but sometimes it feels like it's coming from my jaw.

Yeah I did the same with my heart was googling while waiting for the ambulance to arrive lol