New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
boro_boy

Wow this heatwave is hot!

That was a sarcastic "wow"

Its just a heatwave, we always get heatwaves in the summer, it's not even the hottest one we've had.

Yes it's uncomfortable at night to sleep, buy a fan. People talking about if it gets too warm leave work and go home. FFS man the fuck up.

I wonder how all the other places in the world that are hot actually live!! How are all the buildings built in Dubai!! Oh, that's right they just get on with it. 

I read somewhere that we were on a level 2 warning for this heat wave and thats one away from a national emergency LOL!

When I lived in Pittsburgh the weather was 80-90 degrees for most of July and August.

Granted, there was air con, but folk just got on with it.

Reply below added 0 minutes later

Having said that, Brum is stinking hot today and no air con.

BB have you ever been on the tube during a heatwave? I attempted too earlier and decided to walk the rest of the way.

We are a country not designed for this weather. 

2 minutes ago, YIDDO said:

BB have you ever been on the tube during a heatwave? I attempted too earlier and decided to walk the rest of the way.

I have been on it when it's like 25 outside and it's horrible, I sweat like fuck.

You lot get paid the extra money to live in London :). You should just move to Scotland, it was only 19 today, boro was 28, I guess the south was 33-35 today. :tw_thumbsup:

23 minutes ago, YIDDO said:

I have. OMG...Some irritable folk on those days.

We are shit at air con over here.

32 minutes ago, Negan said:

I have. OMG...Some irritable folk on those days.

We are shit at air con over here.

That's because all companies care about is profit. They don't want to spend money to make it better as people will use the underground with or without Air Con. Simple. 

22 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

That's because all companies care about is profit. They don't want to spend money to make it better as people will use the underground with or without Air Con. Simple. 

Agreed.

If the American public didn't have it then you better believe they are going to let you know.

I prefer it to the cold any day.

The last couple of days have been tough but it will be gone by Thursday.

I've caught a nice tan from all the extra walking I've been doing. Not too bothered by the heat as I've been in an air con'd office during the peak times and I live right by the seafront so was coming back inside every couple of hours for drinks, rest etc on the weekend

Edited by United Road