• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Red Devil

Easyjet customer service

Well today has to go down as one of my worst ever, I was up at 4am ready to make my journey to Manchester airport when I noticed a text message from Easyjet...

'we are sorry to confirm your flight to Paris CDG has been cancelled' 

So I race downstairs in the hope it's a joke off a mate, no it wasn't. I had an email confirming my flight had been fully cancelled and that I had to contact customer services (which doesn't open till 8am) for information. Four hours later I was passed through to a call centre clear not in the U.K to be told I was entitled to a full refund but the flight had to be cancelled due to a heavy workload and backlog of delays!!

So I let rip, a compensation claim has been put in and I have been advised to speak with a solicitor if Easyjet try and wriggle out of it. The only problem I have, this doesn't cover the cost of the remainder of my holiday, I've had to cancel a three day stay in Disney and I'm waiting to hear back if they honour my booking at later date. 

Not only that I have two devastated daughters. 

Admin
1 minute ago, Red Devil said:

Well today has to go down as one of my worst ever, I was up at 4am ready to make my journey to Manchester airport when I noticed a text message from Easyjet...

'we are sorry to confirm your flight to Paris CDG has been cancelled' 

So I race downstairs in the hope it's a joke off a mate, no it wasn't. I had an email confirming my flight had been fully cancelled and that I had to contact customer services (which doesn't open till 8am) for information. Four hours later I was passed through to a call centre clear not in the U.K to be told I was entitled to a full refund but the flight had to be cancelled due to a heavy workload and backlog of delays!!

So I let rip, a compensation claim has been put in and I have been advised to speak with a solicitor if Easyjet try and wriggle out of it. The only problem I have, this doesn't cover the cost of the remainder of my holiday, I've had to cancel a three day stay in Disney and I'm waiting to hear back if they honour my booking at later date. 

Not only that I have two devastated daughters. 

I honestly don't know how airline companies get away with stuff like this. Does your insurance not cover cancellations? 

1 minute ago, boro_boy said:

I honestly don't know how airline companies get away with stuff like this. Does your insurance not cover cancellations? 

Of course it does but Easyjet has said they will deal with it themselves. 

No doubt get a pathetic offer from them or they will try and wriggle out of it. 

Admin
Just now, Red Devil said:

Of course it does but Easyjet has said they will deal with it themselves. 

No doubt get a pathetic offer from them or they will try and wriggle out of it. 

Yeah, don't let them take you for a ride, they HAVE to give you all your money back surely! 

I feel for you, must be awful getting a cancellation on the day your travelling. 

I'd have just driven to Disney land, its easy enough. 

What are you going to do now? You going to book somewhere in the UK?

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

Yeah, don't let them take you for a ride, they HAVE to give you all your money back surely! 

I feel for you, must be awful getting a cancellation on the day your travelling. 

I'd have just driven to Disney land, its easy enough. 

What are you going to do now? You going to book somewhere in the UK?

We did contemplate driving but we would have lost two days of our overall holiday and to be fair it would have been hell with a three-year-old. She goes insane when we travel as far as North Wales. 

We've had a great day today, we collected our dog from its minder and we went out to Delamere forest with the kid's bikes. We then stopped off for dinner at a local pub and are relaxing with tickets booked for Alton Towers in the morning. 

We are considering going away to either London or Angelsey on Wednesday evening. 

7 minutes ago, Babycakes said:

I would be fuming if this was me too. Having young kids too that were looking forward to going. I think that easyjet should compensate you for losing money especially for Disney world and your hotel.

You'd like to think so, but these huge companies don't get filthy rich by being kind. 

I'm exhausted with it now, Disney themselves aren't covering themselves in glory as I've been waiting for a response from them all day. 

21 hours ago, Negan said:

What the fuck?

Cunts! I hate all airline companies with a passion. Lob in London Midland Trains too.

Dunno what to say mate....

I can mail a load of Cadbury goodies to you if that would help with the kids?

Reply below added 1 minute later

Do you have Travel Insurance?

Just by the way....Reason for cancellation? 

Get on this, the reason they've given.....

The earthquake in Kos & Turkey has caused a backlog of travel that means the flight was cancelled due to the length of delays. Manchester airport simply couldn't offer Easyjet a slot for flight!!

No doubt going to use this excuse to wriggle out of any compensation we're entitled to. 

Thanks for the chocolate offer mate but we've spoilt them with Alton Towers and a day out yesterday. We're also going the cinema and bowling tomorrow, followed by a night away in either York or London. 

We're treating the next week as the holiday we should have had. 

Admin

That's no excuse, your out of pocket, if the flight didn't go, why do you have to pay for the flight? Surely they wouldn't lose out if they gave you all the money back? They'll have their own insurance to cover incidents like this, I really despise air traffic,

23 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

That's no excuse, your out of pocket, if the flight didn't go, why do you have to pay for the flight? Surely they wouldn't lose out if they gave you all the money back? They'll have their own insurance to cover incidents like this, I really despise air traffic,

I'm being paid back in full for the flight, but it's the compensation for the lost holiday they owe us money for pal. 

Plus they upset my three year old, she was crying her eyes out in bed last night. Today has helped hugely. 

Admin
1 minute ago, Red Devil said:

I'm being paid back in full for the flight, but it's the compensation for the lost holiday they owe us money for pal. 

Plus they upset my three year old, she was crying her eyes out in bed last night. Today has helped hugely. 

Ahh right, okay I'm with you. Well, I hope you get the cost of the holiday back. 

4 hours ago, Haggis-Baws said:

We flew with EasyJet to Poland few years ago and will never fly with them again, 

Sitting in Krakow airport going home ( anyone ever been will know how small the departure lounge is ) No bar no restaurant nothing but a shop and a sandwich shop.  Was told our flight was delayed 45mins and this continued for 3 hours, every 45mins another announcement was made for another 45mins, I went onto Easyjet website and our flight had been delayed 7 Hours, but nobody at the airport was willing to tell us this, They said it was down to weather and backlog but the website said a bird had flown into one of the engines and they were waiting for a replacement plane. There customer service was dreadful,

Luckily my flight has never been canceled like yourself and i can only imagine how devastated your kids were 

Total nightmare mate, but it's now turning into a great week as we are doing different stuff every day to keep them happy. 

We've also had an email back from Easyjet this morning, they've paid back our flight money and they've given us all £233 compensation each. I'm actually £932 up now and I've still got all my spending money to have fun with this week. Any money lost converting my euro's back to pounds can be claimed back via my travel insurance so I don't even lose that!

Disney are letting us change our date as well, we're just waiting to hear back when we can book. 

Admin
8 hours ago, Red Devil said:

Total nightmare mate, but it's now turning into a great week as we are doing different stuff every day to keep them happy. 

We've also had an email back from Easyjet this morning, they've paid back our flight money and they've given us all £233 compensation each. I'm actually £932 up now and I've still got all my spending money to have fun with this week. Any money lost converting my euro's back to pounds can be claimed back via my travel insurance so I don't even lose that!

Disney are letting us change our date as well, we're just waiting to hear back when we can book. 

Fantastic news. Excellent result. I thought they wouldn't pay up that much. Is this due to the EU legislation on delayed or cancelled flights. 

4 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Fantastic news. Excellent result. I thought they wouldn't pay up that much. Is this due to the EU legislation on delayed or cancelled flights. 

Exactly that, 

Your flight was delayed due to an operational decision. This delay was within our control and is considered a non-extraordinary circumstance under EU law.

We'll transfer GBP 1,339.62 to the bank account details you gave us. Please allow at least 7-10 days for this to arrive in your account.

Taken from the email today, it's not a replacement for my daughter's feelings but it's certainly appreciated.