boro_boy

What's the point of little clubs?

Found this on another forum:

Hey guys, what's the point of having/following a small club such as burton, Brentford, mill wall or Bristol city. They ain't getting in the prem ever. It must be hell trying to follow these type of clubs week in week out. So I guess the question is , how do fans do it? And keep motivated?? Maybe I'm just spoiled as a bluebird. What with our stadium and big following home and away.

Do you agree with this numpty?

I know I don't. Loads of people support the smaller clubs, they support them as they are their local club and no matter who your local club is you support them through the good times and the bad times.

He is a Bluebird? Cardiff at a guess?

They are hardly ripping any trees up eh? Always in Swansea City's shadow.

I honestly can't believe a Cardiff city fan can attack anyone for being a small club!!

Surely he's gotta be joking. 

He does have a point about these teams never getting into the prem though and as for the fans, I think it's just down to loyalty to their local clubs in the end.

1 hour ago, Megaboost said:

He does have a point about these teams never getting into the prem though and as for the fans, I think it's just down to loyalty to their local clubs in the end.

Supporting a club shouldn't be about the league you're in, I know Altrincham fans who are as die hard as I am about United. 

They don't know who's gonna play for them from one week to another, the player turn around is amazing. Do they stop supporting their club, no they don't.