New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
boro_boy

⚽ Championship Match Discussion Thread ⚽

champ-fixtures.PNGWell, that's Week 1 done and dusted, on to week 2 now. Only two games that are on Sky this week, Middlesbrough v Sheffield United and Norwich v Sunderland. But whatever happens, its no doubt going to be a good weekend of Championship football. Just hope Middlesbrough can get a win!!

Capture.PNG

A full fixture list this week, hopefully, another win for Middlesbrough.  Burton have lost their last 2 games so should be an easy win for us, we have home advantage too. 

Still boro 0 - 0 Burton, listening to it online after finding out there was a radio stream online. Sounds very frustrating, they are making it difficult for us. I'm sure if we score one, we will score again and again. 

Reply below added 5 minutes later

1-0 Boro - Asombalonga

We need to sort this out, Burton getting into the game now, end to end, and I thought this was going to easy!!!

Reply below added 4 minutes later

2-0 Boro about time, Assombalonga again :) 

We apparently played alright, missed all but one of our chances. Assombalinga missed three 1 on 1s with the keeper. They had 1 chance and a penalty lol. But you get games like this when whatever you do, you can't score enough to win. 

So we have played 4 games and lost two. I think it's going to be a hard season for us. If your going for promotion at the first attempt surely loading two out of your first 4 games is not the way to do it. Hopefully we can sort this bollox out.

7 minutes ago, Negan said:

Warnock and Cardiff are getting the business done early on.

I hate Warnock, he's such a moaning whinging cunt!

On 20/08/2017 at 08:57, boro_boy said:

I hate Warnock, he's such a moaning whinging cunt!

I was at the game on Saturday

They are a vile bunch, play dirty and act like they have broken a leg at every opportunately, constsant timewasters!

Screenshot_20170825-152119.pngScreenshot_20170825-152127.png

So Preston North end tomorrow. We should get a result. Hopefully we actually put our chances away this time. I tell you this is not an easy league and anything can happen. 

T was the post-season soundbite that was always going to set the agenda for Middlesbrough this season. 

IT was the post-season soundbite that was always going to set the agenda for Middlesbrough this season. 

A bullish Steve Gibson, said in the wake of his side’s relegation. 

#“We wan

t to smash the league,”  

#“We want to go up as champions.”

As a mission statement, it could hardly have been any more explicit, and since making his comments, the Middlesbrough chairman has lived up to his promise to do all he could to make promotion a realistic possibility.

More than £40m has been spent on new signings this summer, and while much of that has been offset by player departures, Boro remain one of the biggest-spending sides in the second tier.

Gary Monk

“I think it’s impossible to smash the Championship because it’s so competitive,” said Monk. “The days when a team could run away with the Championship title are long gone,.........Crap

Some good points in the post above which I found on a boro website. I don't know why I got caught up in the excitement of the beginning of the season. Nothing has changed, we need some wide midfielders before the window closes. We have loads of strikers but they are not getting any service so they won't score. One thing I did say is, when boro buy good strikers who always score, they come to us and they have a season long drought then fuck off to another club and start scoring again. I honestly don't know how boro do this! It must be due to the non existant midfield!

A bullish Steve Gibson, said in the wake of his side’s relegation. 

#“We want to smash the league,”  

#“We want to go up as champions.”

As a mission statement, it could hardly have been any more explicit, and since making his comments, the Middlesbrough chairman has lived up to his promise to do all he could to make promotion a realistic possibility.

More than £40m has been spent on new signings this summer, and while much of that has been offset by player departures, Boro remain one of the biggest-spending sides in the second tier.

Gary Monk

“I think it’s impossible to smash the Championship because it’s so competitive,” said Monk. “The days when a team could run away with the Championship title are long gone,.........Crap

So boro have Bolton away on Saturday. I'm hoping we can actually manage to score s goal which where struggling to do at the moment considering the amount of strikers we have. I think a better midfield would help us. 

Boro play Villa away tomorrow night. Hopefully be another decent win for the boro :) Assombalonga is joint top with 4 goals. So far the 15m Pricetag is paying off. Its been a slow start for us in terms of scoring goals, but i'm hoping the 0-3 victory over Bolton will get the confidence of the team up and we can continue for a few more games scoring more than 1 goal. I'll be listening to this one on the radio. Don't really care about the other teams at the moment, come the end of the season that will be a different story but it was nice seeing Cardiff losing their winning streak :).