• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest (See full list)

• Googlebot(2)
    • Mediapartners-Google(2)
boro_boy

⚽ Championship Match Discussion Thread ⚽

Admin

Fuck sake, 0-0 not sure what we played like as I was driving home from Wales. 

Admin

T was the post-season soundbite that was always going to set the agenda for Middlesbrough this season. 

IT was the post-season soundbite that was always going to set the agenda for Middlesbrough this season. 

A bullish Steve Gibson, said in the wake of his side’s relegation. 

#“We wan

t to smash the league,”  

#“We want to go up as champions.”

As a mission statement, it could hardly have been any more explicit, and since making his comments, the Middlesbrough chairman has lived up to his promise to do all he could to make promotion a realistic possibility.

More than £40m has been spent on new signings this summer, and while much of that has been offset by player departures, Boro remain one of the biggest-spending sides in the second tier.

Gary Monk

“I think it’s impossible to smash the Championship because it’s so competitive,” said Monk. “The days when a team could run away with the Championship title are long gone,.........Crap

Some good points in the post above which I found on a boro website. I don't know why I got caught up in the excitement of the beginning of the season. Nothing has changed, we need some wide midfielders before the window closes. We have loads of strikers but they are not getting any service so they won't score. One thing I did say is, when boro buy good strikers who always score, they come to us and they have a season long drought then fuck off to another club and start scoring again. I honestly don't know how boro do this! It must be due to the non existant midfield!

A bullish Steve Gibson, said in the wake of his side’s relegation. 

#“We want to smash the league,”  

#“We want to go up as champions.”

As a mission statement, it could hardly have been any more explicit, and since making his comments, the Middlesbrough chairman has lived up to his promise to do all he could to make promotion a realistic possibility.

More than £40m has been spent on new signings this summer, and while much of that has been offset by player departures, Boro remain one of the biggest-spending sides in the second tier.

Gary Monk

“I think it’s impossible to smash the Championship because it’s so competitive,” said Monk. “The days when a team could run away with the Championship title are long gone,.........Crap

Admin

So boro have Bolton away on Saturday. I'm hoping we can actually manage to score s goal which where struggling to do at the moment considering the amount of strikers we have. I think a better midfield would help us. 

Admin

Great win for the biro today, just hoping we can build on this or at least continue this. It's now winning games comfortably. 

Admin

Boro play Villa away tomorrow night. Hopefully be another decent win for the boro :) Assombalonga is joint top with 4 goals. So far the 15m Pricetag is paying off. Its been a slow start for us in terms of scoring goals, but i'm hoping the 0-3 victory over Bolton will get the confidence of the team up and we can continue for a few more games scoring more than 1 goal. I'll be listening to this one on the radio. Don't really care about the other teams at the moment, come the end of the season that will be a different story but it was nice seeing Cardiff losing their winning streak :).

Admin

Saturday 23rd September

Bolton v Brentford
Derby County v Birmingham
Fulham v Middlesbrough
Leeds v Ipswich
Norwich v Bristol City
Preston v Millwall
QPR v Burton Albion
Reading v Hull
Sunderland v Cardiff
Wolves v Barnsley
Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest

Sunday 24th September

Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield United

Some good games this weekend, Birmingham will probably lose again, there is the Steel City Derby on Sunday. Boro should hopefully win against Fulham, don't think we have a good time at Fulham but we have a pretty decent strong team at the moment who are playing well together.

Admin
13 minutes ago, Negan said:

Can honestly see us pasting Derby.

Forest should get an easy win.

Have you lot got a manager yet?

Admin

Fulham v Middlesbrough's still nil nil. I hate nil Nils. Surely we can get a goal. 

Reply below added 7 minutes later

Damn were losing. 

Reply below added 7 minutes later

Oh we just equalised. 

1-1 

Can we snatch a winner. 

Admin

Finished 1-1 decent result as we are usually shite against Fulham. 

Admin

Shame he's banned and can't reply. 

18 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Shame he's banned and can't reply. 

Hopefully it’s kept that way as he offers nothing to the forum. He’s a constant wind up and focuses on that than his quality of debatable posting which a football forum is.

Anyway back on topic, Leeds and Wolves looking good, would like to see both return to the Premier League

Edited by redblood

Admin

Another full fixture list this week. #UTB

Capture.PNG

Admin

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/picture-appears-show-norwich-players-13678380

Norwich-City-at-Albert-Park.jpg

Apparently the Norwich players where training in a "Albert Park" which is less than a mile from my house this afternoon.

Why would they train in the local park?

Admin

FFS boro losing 1-0