My Football Forum
boro_boy

SPL Match Day Discussion

Celtic v Rangers today, lunchtime kick off. I can honestly say I am not confident at all for this one. Celtic to win by at least a couple of goals.

10 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Another title for Celtic. 

Doesn't this get boring?

Not for their fans I'd imagine...haha. For me....not so much frustrating....more anger at the way our club has been fucked over since starting back in the bottom league and the lack of progress since King and the new board taken over.

10 minutes ago, MrMacleod said:

Wonder what Steven Gerrards thoughts about taking over rangers now.... 

Rumours are, and they are ONLY rumours mate, is that there is to be a large investment (and posssibly King moving on) to be announced shortly. Can't see it myself but.......like everyone else is saying....Gerrard would NOT touch the job if there was no decent money for him because we really need it for quality recruitment!

Watching the highlights here and it seemed too be all celtic, rangers had no fight in them. 

Can't see anyone stopping celtic for the forseeable future. 

Will be interesting too see Gerrards approach too the job. 

A much needed win against Kilmarnock especially with Aberdeen and Hibs drawing 0-0. Two HUGE games coming up....unfortunately both are away (only team in the top 6 post split that have been made to play their final 2 games away from home. Guess which team are the only one to finish on two home games ?).....

Heard from a guy who was at the game....Rangers performance was woeful. Something wrong when you can't raise your game with the new gaffer looking on....especially at home. Can't see too many of that squad featuring after Gerrard fully assesses it and hopefully gets who he wants in.

We got a 1-1 draw at Pittodrie on Tuesday which still leaves us 1 point behind the sheep who play Celtic at parkhead this afternoon while we are away (again) to Hibs. There are several permutations as to whether we finish 2nd or 3rd but basically we have to do the job ourselves at Easter Road and beat them. However that will mean nothing if Aberdeen win at Parkhead which I can't see unless Celtic take it easy. Our game is on BT sport, ko 12.30 same time as Celtic v sheep which is on Sky sports.

Rangers team

Alnwick

Tavernier, Bates, Martin, Halliday

Candeias, Holt, Rossiter, Goss, Murphy

Cummings

Rossiter starts in god knows how long....he has been inundated with injury. We are missing Morelos, McCrorie (both suspended) & Dorrans....injury.

3-3 at halftime. Gers were 3-0 down but came back into it with goals from Tavernier, Rossiter and Alves. Great first half.

Finished 5-5. Gers went 3-5 in front but lost two late on. The defence is absolutely shocking and must be replaced. Great game to watch mind you.

15 hours ago, MrMacleod said:

Interesting start too the spl with both old firm teams dropping point.

Hope it stays like this for the whole season so we have 3/4 teams fighting it out.

That would be good but I doubt it, the SPL doesn't have the money in it so the teams in the league can't compete with the top clubs. 

9 hours ago, MrMacleod said:

Certainly a thriller with the rangers game today. Just shows you that this league could end up being wide open!

Last bloody kick of the ball....Aaaaargh! Still I had £50 on over 2.5 goals so happy in that respect.

Big big game today away to Celtic...lunchtime ko on Sky. Gonna be difficult after the game in Russia on Thursday whilst Celtic had a home game so should be more refreshed than us. Not making any prediction but I hope we give them a good game.