boro_boy

Changes to the forum 13/09/17

I haven't made that many changes to the site recently. Until today that is, I was just finding the forum slow loading up, and sluggish for the past month to be honest. But I didn't do anything about it until now. I have just optimised the site so it's quicker at loading up on mobile devices and on PCs. 

Side Bars

I've removed these as I don't think they were providing enough useful information to keep them there, considering I've stopped using them for fixtures, live scores, tables and other stats. So, for the time being, I'm keeping them off the site, this helps the site to load quicker too. No doubt I'll add them back in the not to near future if I think it will benefit the site. 

Live scores, Tables, Results, Form stats

My subscription for this month ends in a couple of days and after carrying out a google speed check on the site, they were hogging the site and slowing it down. So I've pulled them from the site indefinitely. League tables, live scores and everything else I put up on the sidebars is readily available online so it's not that much of a loss. I did like them but they were just too slow at loading up.

New Latest Posts

I am just testing the new latest posts plugin this one is showing 10 recent posts and 5 of the last posts you were involved in, hopefully, you like it as at the moment I prefer this to the old one. If you don't like it, let me know in this thread, if the majority of people dislike it then I'll put up the old one. 

If you have any feedback on the forum, things you would like to see or things you think should be removed please comment in the reply. 

Would rather have the latest posts at the top. Just saves searching for new posts.

8 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Don't like the new format at all, prefer what we had before. 

Me too Mucker.

14 hours ago, Babycakes said:

Would rather have the latest posts at the top. Just saves searching for new posts.

They are at the top!!

Capture.PNG

You have the column on the left for the posts you've participated in and then the recent topics and replies are on the right. I'll return it to the normal style when i'm in work next week. I prefer this one at the moment as you get to see more of the latest topics in the same amount of space that the old one took. 

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

They are at the top!!

Capture.PNG

You have the column on the left for the posts you've participated in and then the recent topics and replies are on the right. I'll return it to the normal style when i'm in work next week. I prefer this one at the moment as you get to see more of the latest topics in the same amount of space that the old one took. 

Yeah I noticed after I posted lol I prefer the old lay out too.

Ill put it back very soon. Probably today some time.

I'm going to keep the new latest posts on this style and create a secondary style for the older latest posts. That just means you'll have to select the secondary style from the Theme dropdown list at the bottom of the site. It won't be there until I create the 2nd theme, I will post back in here when I've done it.

I'll probably do it this week sometime.