• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
boro_boy

I don't think Middlesbrough will be promoted this season

The team isn't gelling and Monk can't put confidence into the team. We have played 10 games now won only 4, drawn 3 and lost 3. We have only scored 11 goals in 10 games which isn't good at all when you see the likes of Cardiff (17) Leeds (18) Wolves (15) Ipswich (19) all scoring more than us.

Is Monk the man? He got Leeds to a mid table position, they were fighting for promotion last season but fizzled out towards the end of the season. Since he's left Leeds for us, Leeds are now sitting 2nd in the league winning 6, drawing 2 and losing 2. They are 5 points ahead of us. I know its close but we have to win back those points. 

All we were doing yesterday against Norwich was long balls into their defence towards their massive keeper. We don't have an attacking midfield guy who can take free kicks for us whilst the team all goes into the opponents box. Asombalonger is missing sitters at the moment and can only use one foot Traore is just springting past people then losing the ball. He makes amazing rungs but he had zero end product. 

I know its only 10 games, but if nothing changes in another 10 games, thats 20 games gone and nearly half way through the season. Something needs to happen, Monk doesn't need to go, he just needs to find a way of making the team gel before its too late and we have to spend another year or more in the Championship. 

Saying that, I like the championship but winning the league or getting promoted is a great buzz.

We play Brentford at home this Saturday and we need to be at their throats from kick off. We start games too slowly at the moment and always end up going a goal behind before we actually start attacking properly. Its all very lethargic and boring!

#UTB