Jump to content

The Future of My Football Forum


Recommended Posts

  • Administrator

Well, I've been thinking about the future of the forums the past month or so as they have just completely died away. Its really hard to post any new topics knowing that no one will reply to them. Logging on to the forums after 24 hours away from them, to find no new posts have been made since your last visit. I have tried to make the forums work since August 2014, thats 3 years, but its clearly not worked and the forums are still in decline. 

The hosting on the forums runs out on February 12, 2018. I'm going to give it until the end of January to see whether its worth carrying on with the forum or just biting the bullet and shutting the whole site down. To be fair I don't use the forums as much as I used to do, maybe trying to bring the forums back was a mistake as to be honest, it was never going to be as popular as it used to be as people are still using Facebook. The renewal costs for the server are over £100 and its not worth paying that when no one is using the forums. 

I've also un-banned everyone who was previously banned on the forums, so they can have one last riot before the site possibly closes for good this mainly includes @Negan and @superally. I would like to thank everyone who has tried to get the forums working again @Red Devil who has just stepped down from moderator, @Babycakes@MrMacleod, @redblood, @jcasper, @simonutd, @fatpipe, @YIDDO, @United Road, @Megaboostand everyone else, whoever I've missed.

Its not definite that the site will close but i'd say its highly likely.

If you have any ideas on how to make the forum more popular then let me know!

Enjoy the RIOT with the banned members back!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Boro Boy

Credit for having the balls for trying to make it work like last time (I wasn’t around). Sadly football forums seem to be a dying breed, I should know, the forum we done has not really taken off as much as we hoped. Like yourself we Relied on past glory days.

i myself are strongly considering shutting down my forum, only a few are active and that is weekend at best.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Aboottarren

I read this forum for quite a long time before joining in March and it seemed to deteriorate quickly,not my fault,because I never contributed, however I thought the level of communication sunk quickly and reminded me of being in the schoolyard of 8-10 year olds. the intelligence of a lot of contributors  left a lot to be desired.  I still wish all the best to you administrators in your future efforts ..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well unbanning the two most regular posters is a start.

I assure you I will post on a regular basis and help financially if needed.

I am sure it will all work out. 


Reply below added 1 minute later

It is a shame Darren is no longer with us.

He used to keep the place ticking over. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Negan said:

Where we meeting up to discuss tactics before the Scum play us?

Dogheads in Brum actively looking for Vile.

Nowhere to be seen. Fannie's!

 

2 hours ago, Negan said:

AP aka as SuperAlly is so solid.

You consistently  posting shite like that, is one of the reason's the forum is dying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
8 hours ago, YIDDO said:

Bit defeatist.

RIP MFF, hardly knew ye.

Yeah a little. It's just not improved much. I might just have to find some cheap hosting again and if it ever picks up then move back to the hosting I'm on now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2017 at 04:14, Aboottarren said:

I read this forum for quite a long time before joining in March and it seemed to deteriorate quickly,not my fault,because I never contributed, however I thought the level of communication sunk quickly and reminded me of being in the schoolyard of 8-10 year olds. the intelligence of a lot of contributors  left a lot to be desired.  I still wish all the best to you administrators in your future efforts ..

We did have a member who was like 12 year old girl and threw hissy fits very easily.

Thankfully the main perpetrator of this has now moved on so things  are  improving. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
23 hours ago, Negan said:

We did have a member who was like 12 year old girl and threw hissy fits very easily.

Thankfully the main perpetrator of this has now moved on so things  are  improving. 

Who was that?

 

On 15/10/2017 at 09:05, Negan said:

To be fair BB it has been a bit busier the last few days. 

Yeah but we need new members to keep the site going. I'll decide in January. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 22:44, redblood said:

Boro Boy

Credit for having the balls for trying to make it work like last time (I wasn’t around). Sadly football forums seem to be a dying breed, I should know, the forum we done has not really taken off as much as we hoped. Like yourself we Relied on past glory days.

i myself are strongly considering shutting down my forum, only a few are active and that is weekend at best.

You 2 not considered merging forums??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Forum Statistics

    6.9k
    Total Topics
    175.1k
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    817
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    fasiha hassan
    Newest Member
    fasiha hassan
    Joined
  • New users  0 New users online in the last 24 hours

    No new users

×
×
  • Create New...