boro_boy

Just been to the emergency vet

Admin

Dog has been unwell yesterday and this.morning. throwing up, pooing in the house and having hives all over her body. Woke me up at half 2 today with sick and pop on the floor, thank fuck it's a wooden floor. Her eye was stolen too so took her to the emergency vet. £331.96 later she's back home after having anti sickness injection, steroid injection and antihistamine injection. Also had blood tests taken too. 

Whilst we were in there another dog was rushed in, I think it got out down straight away as I heard a man crying outside and the vet walking out the back saying "Jesus Christ". The walls are not very thick so we could hear everything, not very nice.

Anyway poppy is sleeping now. 

IMG_20171015_050217.jpg

40 minutes ago, Babycakes said:

aw, our pets worry us don't they? I had to have my dog put down just over 2 years ago, It was really heartbreaking. I hope that your dog will be okay.

Yes, they are a worry.

My goldfish died a while back. I'm not having anymore pets as they are a lot of work. 

7 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Dog has been unwell yesterday and this.morning. throwing up, pooing in the house and having hives all over her body. Woke me up at half 2 today with sick and pop on the floor, thank fuck it's a wooden floor. Her eye was stolen too so took her to the emergency vet. £331.96 later she's back home after having anti sickness injection, steroid injection and antihistamine injection. Also had blood tests taken too. 

Whilst we were in there another dog was rushed in, I think it got out down straight away as I heard a man crying outside and the vet walking out the back saying "Jesus Christ". The walls are not very thick so we could hear everything, not very nice.

Anyway poppy is sleeping now. 

IMG_20171015_050217.jpg

Very similar problem with my dog a few years back, turns out it was a plant that caused it.

10 minutes ago, superally said:

Very similar problem with my dog a few years back, turns out it was a plant that caused it.

What did he eat the plant or have an allergy or something mate?

7 hours ago, superally said:

I was replying to BB.

Thanks for stating the obvious!

And I am asking you...

Admin
On 15/10/2017 at 12:59, superally said:

We don't know, we first noticed the hives on her body on a walk in the park, but on that same day she shat in the house and puked up. She went odd her food too. All she does in the park is chase squirrels unsuccessfully. If it happens again were going to get an allergy test carried out. 

3 hours ago, boro_boy said:

We don't know, we first noticed the hives on her body on a walk in the park, but on that same day she shat in the house and puked up. She went odd her food too. All she does in the park is chase squirrels unsuccessfully. If it happens again were going to get an allergy test carried out. 

Think my dog ate a wild mushroom of some sort, was years ago the memory fades.

Admin
16 hours ago, superally said:

Think my dog ate a wild mushroom of some sort, was years ago the memory fades.

Yeah she may have eaten something but shes usually too busy chasing squirrels. She's fine now and thats all that matters really. 

Admin

Nope, but I'm sure I heard my missus say she seen a tick on her, i'll have to ask her again, but I think I heard her say this after the vet appointment.

So the dog woke me up at half 2 crying, I only had 3 hours sleep, I then stayed up with her when we got back to the house, then took missus to work at half six, then stayed up with the dog, and at 16:30 drove to Portsmouth which was a 5 hour drive but felt like 10 hours as I was so tired, should have went to bed but didn't.

8 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Yeah she may have eaten something but shes usually too busy chasing squirrels. She's fine now and that's all that matters really. 

They only need a second to sniff and eat something, realistically what chance do we have of spotting it, amongst the long grass etc?. Incredible how much you get to love em the eh

Admin

Yeah your right, in the park she runs off into the wooded area and I don't see her for a few good mins, I can hear her running in the leaves. I know I love her to bits, and as soon as I seen her red swollen eyes I knew I had to take her to the vets but £331 is a piss take. But it had to be paid, hopefully the insurance pay out.