The Realist

Best and worst cars youve driven.

Picked up a Fiat 500 which I bought for the granddaughter today. Drove there in my car, which my son drove back! Couldn't get more opposite than stepping out of a Jaguar 3 litre F Pace into a Fiat 500. which kind of got me thinking about the good and bad cars I have  driven. What is the best and worst car you have driven, AND WHY?

I will talk about mine, after seeing a few replies. Remember to say why tho.

Worst is an auto Renault Clio 1.3. What a bag of bollocks that was!

I don't really have a favourite that i've drove.  As long it starts I love it!

Blimey, I have drove so many, mainly due to me falling out with the company over expenses for using my own car IE, them taking 3 months to pay me, (which included fuel costs). so I had to have hire cars, which I would get replaced every 3rd day, reason being they came with a full tank of fuel. I had a few surprises amongst that lot of cars, A car I thought would be shit, was decent, some I thought would be good were total shite. 

Worst has to be a Vauxhall Meriva, closely followed by a Vauxhall Astra.

Biggest surprise was maybe a Hyundai i30 I think it was, what a nice little car, very drivable.

As for the best well that's hard. BMW 5 series takes some beating, Tho my current car is fecking mega to drive, so responsive, great suspension, steering handling and power, It's pretty luxurious too.

Mrs SA had a mini a few years back, that was fun to drive.

Audi A3 4wd, the car cannot be out driven, feckin awesome.

Ford Focus, very nice car to drive too.

I have a Ford Mondeo now and it is pleasant to drive.

Does everything well but nothing exceptional.

8/10

5 minutes ago, Negan said:

I have a Ford Mondeo now and it is pleasant to drive.

Does everything well but nothing exceptional.

8/10

So what are the pros and cons?? What do you like and dislike about it?

Admin

I've driven only a few cars.

Clio 1.2 which was my first car I got in 2004, was a good little runner, broke down twice in three years so wasn't the most reliable and needed a new cumputer and that cost over a grand!!!

After 3 years I upgraded to the Clio 182 which is probably the best car i've personally driven and I loved it but my whore of a en thought it was a good idea for me to trade it in for a clio diesel, as it was cheaper to run. It was so fast and very fun to drive.

rl-AUByNMAES_b6IpeqAmuGLe_RTFqUi6zIL3ujJ

sbhhTFXVsSI02T-fx58kiMXDX0ZElDpKnuLa2sjL

I now have a Insignia which is perfect for my life now, I have a dog so this has a massive boot which she easily fits in. The economy is great to, with it being a diesel. 

ad38ZglrfAXdFCzNlI3xs-7EoQ-EjZKRHxeJ085J

Also drove a Quashqui however thats spelt, and a BMW 1 Series which was fucking shite.

The Clio is the worst car I have ever drove. I gave mine away.

My Mondeo is comfortable, economical, fast, reliable. The boot space is huge. I swear I could get three dead bodies in there!

Once the turbo kicks in it really does take off. 

Admin
1 hour ago, Negan said:

The Clio is the worst car I have ever drove. I gave mine away.

My Mondeo is comfortable, economical, fast, reliable. The boot space is huge. I swear I could get three dead bodies in there!

Once the turbo kicks in it really does take off. 

I didn't get mine for speed, I could have got a bigger engine but I didn't. Only got 2 years left and its all paid for as I bought it from new. I know you lose loads of money buying new, but I just like the reliability of a new car, the warranty and everything else. I'll be buying new again once i'm sick of the Siggy.

No such thing as a reliable Vauxhall.

Really, Ford pee all over em.

Admin
4 minutes ago, Negan said:

No such thing as a reliable Vauxhall.

Really, Ford pee all over em.

I've done just over 88,000 miles in 3 years, will be probably 90,000 by the 21st November when I bought it. 

Only broke down once because of a sensor, its been super reliable. So your telling porkies!

No I'm not.

It should not break down at all.

11 hours ago, boro_boy said:

I've driven only a few cars.

Clio 1.2 which was my first car I got in 2004, was a good little runner, broke down twice in three years so wasn't the most reliable and needed a new cumputer and that cost over a grand!!!

After 3 years I upgraded to the Clio 182 which is probably the best car i've personally driven and I loved it but my whore of a en thought it was a good idea for me to trade it in for a clio diesel, as it was cheaper to run. It was so fast and very fun to drive.

rl-AUByNMAES_b6IpeqAmuGLe_RTFqUi6zIL3ujJ

sbhhTFXVsSI02T-fx58kiMXDX0ZElDpKnuLa2sjL

I now have a Insignia which is perfect for my life now, I have a dog so this has a massive boot which she easily fits in. The economy is great to, with it being a diesel. 

ad38ZglrfAXdFCzNlI3xs-7EoQ-EjZKRHxeJ085J

Also drove a Quashqui however thats spelt, and a BMW 1 Series which was fucking shite.

I have mixed feeling's about the BMW 1 series, We had 2 as pool cars, The 18 was shite, The other with the 2.5 litre engine was a feckin beast to drive. I just found it a little cramped, and too low, almost like sitting on the road. For drivabilty tho, response handing etc, it was really good, I just never found it comfortable. Then again I have always had big cars.

Reply below added 0 minutes later

4 hours ago, Babycakes said:

I don't drive but my husband does,

I only drive, when i'm too drunk too walk too.

The Fiat Uno was a very poor car to drive. 

9 hours ago, Negan said:

The Fiat Uno was a very poor car to drive. 

Feckin useless piece of metal, that a real bloke should never be seen driving.

I had to drive the Fiat 500 home after buying it for granddaughter. I did wear a cap and sunglasses, and a funnel neck Lacoste to try hide myself. Luckily nobody I know saw me, and my dignity remains intact, even tho I was driving it with good cause. I had to hide it in a mates garage, as she is coming tomorrow and I won't be here, as will be on way to Cardiff. No way am I gonna miss seeing her smile, when she knows it's for her.