New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
My Football Forum
  • Staff Picks

The Realist

Next Rangers Manager!

Derek McInnes is strong favourite to return to Ibrox as boss. Maybe the right man is already in place tho, should Graeme Murty be given a go at it?

Other names include McLeish, and  Gattuso amongst an ever growing list.

4 minutes ago, Negan said:

McLeish

Congrats  on the quality of that post there fella. Any explanation as to why you think McLeish, or how he could improve rangers or take them forward?

2 minutes ago, Negan said:

No, you asked next Rangers manager?

I told you McLeish.

Nowhere did I see you requesting reasons why?

Refer to my last post then.

5 minutes ago, Negan said:

McLeish is Rangers through and through.

He knows what is expected at the club.

As a defensively minded manager he will build from the back.

He has the experience to get them back on track as Scotland's most successful ever club.

Blimey that must have gave you an headache, tho at least you gave a decent reason for your other usual crappy pointless 1 word post.

I think maybe have been out of the Scottish game too long. Also last few years he has a shite record.

Personally I think Rangers could do worse, I also think they could do a lot better. Murty has shades of Sir Walter Smith written all over him. give him a go short term, see how it goes. The league has gone anyhow, (realistically).

16 minutes ago, superally said:

Sir Walter Smith 2nd favourite now. If there is a god, this will happen.

Can't see him going their for a 3rd time

Daft as it sounds they should look at Big Sam

7 minutes ago, redblood said:

Can't see him going their for a 3rd time

Daft as it sounds they should look at Big Sam

Agree, he has said he has retired permanently, tho somewhere  something must have been said, or overheard for him to suddenly become 2nd favourite.

Personally I don't think Murty will get the job on a permanent basis. He is basically a youth coach who has twice been thrown in at the deep end. We need someone with experience and a very good knowledge of Scottish football first and foremost and that was why my initial hope was that McInnes would be offered the job as he has done well up here. However for whatever reason he hasn't been approached by Rangers (as far as we know) and the club have basically shut down communication, especially with the fans, on that subject. Nobody outwith the club knows what is happening. Last name thrown into the hat is Frank de Boer. Rangers have to establish themselves again in Scotland & seriously challenging Celtic before even thinking about Europe. In fact they will have to challenge Aberdeen & Hibs to secure 2nd place.

9 minutes ago, Haggis-Baws said:

If Rangers feel they can get 2nd or 3rd placer with Murty in Charge then they should keep him until the end of the season. Better managers will be available then and more likely to take on the role with a full summer to get in players and get a team together. 

At the start of the season I was 'reasonably' confident that they could challenge for 2nd but as it has progressed the confidence is waning. The recent Hearts & Partick games gave a wee bit of hope that a corner had been turned but back to earth with a bump against Hamilton     at fucking IBROX too. Murty aint the answer imo. He is a youth coach.

Guest Red Devil
On 30/10/2017 at 23:07, YIDDO said:

Anyone who takes the job is on a hiding to nothing. Will take years to overtake Celtic.

I'm not 100% sure about that, the league is weak and Celtic are pretty average as well. 

I'd say good management and good transfer dealings and they could challenge with a few seasons. The problem was they didn't build on promotion with a convincing manager, then they brought in the Portugues fella and he bought a load of over the hill average players. The board at Rangers should hang their heads in shame, how they allowed some of those players to get a contract I will never know. 

20 hours ago, Red Devil said:

I'm not 100% sure about that, the league is weak and Celtic are pretty average as well. 

I'd say good management and good transfer dealings and they could challenge with a few seasons. The problem was they didn't build on promotion with a convincing manager, then they brought in the Portugues fella and he bought a load of over the hill average players. The board at Rangers should hang their heads in shame, how they allowed some of those players to get a contract I will never know. 

Actually the Rangers fans have a lot to be grateful for to the current board. They got rid of the charlatans who were in place previously, Green, the Easdales, Lambias (who along with Green was just Ashley's puppet) and they managed to get rid of Ashley and his retail contract which was absolutely unbelievable in his favour - I think that Rangers were only getting 5p in the pound from sales and of course it was Ashley who supplied the stores with the goods. The current board have also put a good few £ million of their own cash into the club via soft loans which I believe will be converted into shares. As for the contracts to the players - the board (foolishly imo) appointed Caixinha as manager and it was he who identified said players and it was he who convinced the board that they were worth signing. The board had to back the manager so they cannot be blamed for the manager's signings.

McInnes now 1/8 on skybet, Neil McCann has somehow came from nowhere to be 5/1. Not totally sure about McInnes, never wins the big games that matter. McLeish still has to be in the frame too.

McInnes knocked back the job. Rangers board threw the toys out of the pram & allowed a pathetic statement to be issued. Not how a club like Rangers should behave.

1 hour ago, Harold said:

McInnes knocked back the job. Rangers board threw the toys out of the pram & allowed a pathetic statement to be issued. Not how a club like Rangers should behave.

Got a link for it?