Jump to content
boro_boy

Halloween

Recommended Posts

Don't really get Halloween at all. Typical overhyped American type shite. Would much prefer traditional carol singers knocking my door around Xmas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, superally said:

Don't really get Halloween at all. Typical overhyped American type shite. Would much prefer traditional carol singers knocking my door around Xmas.

Yeah its shit, I used to go trick or treating when I was a kid. But thats all we done, a turnip is what I used, my parents helped me carve it out and I put a tea light in there and went door to door with my mates. No adult ever got dressed up and when out pissing it up. Thats all everyone does now. My missus has had two people knock on the door, so shes now turned the lights off and went upstairs haha. Me and her are unsociable wankers!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Yeah its shit, I used to go trick or treating when I was a kid. But thats all we done, a turnip is what I used, my parents helped me carve it out and I put a tea light in there and went door to door with my mates. No adult ever got dressed up and when out pissing it up. Thats all everyone does now. My missus has had two people knock on the door, so shes now turned the lights off and went upstairs haha. Me and her are unsociable wankers!!!

It's not about being unsociable tho fella.  Halloween really is just another shitty American hyped up thing, corporations make money out of it, enough said on that one. I was in America around 10 years ago, Minnesota, around Halloween, they go feckin mad for it over there. Guess them yanks have to cling on to anything they can tho, as they have no real history or culture(other than the hoodied up gun totting gangsters) of their own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Negan said:

You cheeky tawt. You would not dare say that to my face.

Unless you wanted to eat your meals through a straw. 

I really would, with a smug grin as I was saying it too. Ask the guy you are obsessed with fat fowler, I laughed in his face a few times too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, superally said:

I really would, with a smug grin as I was saying it too. Ask the guy you are obsessed with fat fowler, I laughed in his face a few times too.

Whos fat fowler lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Negan said:

SA's nemesis.

Care to explain your reason for posting that??

Failure to provide a valid educated and knowledgeable reason will just be deemed as another of your pointless bullshit posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Get a bloody grip, it's a fun night for children. 

If you can't afford the three pounds for a bucket of sweets I feel sorry for you. 

And if you're too lazy to get off your arse and make a young kid smile, you're pretty sad. 

I hate people who are negative about stuff that kids enjoy. 

Its an inconvenience, I used to have people who used to open the door and tell us to fuck off. 

We done it last year but I can't be fucked, I hate kids, where not having any. I'm not sad, I'd just rather sit in my house in peace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Red Devil
Just now, Negan said:

Spot on there BC.

It is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

The forum was better without RD but hey ho.

Okay Negan.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody remember around bonfire night, there was always a few young kids outside the local shops, Penny for the guy?  Now that's another British tradition that's disappeared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, superally said:

Anybody remember around bonfire night, there was always a few young kids outside the local shops, Penny for the guy?  Now that's another British tradition that's disappeared.

Still get loads of them up here, you may as well be living in Middle east though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

 


Reply below added 2 minutes later

Don't talk about kids making a penny guy and begging for money @superally 

@Babycakes will no doubt have something to say on that matter as well. What a bloody miserable person. 

HRT patch fell off fella @Red Devil . I wasn't talking about anything, I was asking a fucking question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 21:46, Red Devil said:

 Get a bloody grip, it's a fun night for children. 

If you can't afford the three pounds for a bucket of sweets I feel sorry for you. 

And if you're too lazy to get off your arse and make a young kid smile, you're pretty sad. 

I hate people who are negative about stuff that kids enjoy. 

If that was the case I would have no problem with it. Even it was young kid's with their parents with them, in a group, I would be fine with it. Answering the door every 5 minutes to group's of lad's, well into their teen's wearing a bin liner pisses me of a bit.

We get all the young one's with parent's early, they all done by 6pm on Halloween night. Still getting the door knocked after 9pm, I hate that shit.

Also hate the fact that they think Halloween lasts about 10 days, making it not just a case of getting off your arse to make a kid smile on one night, it's days of what in the end amounts to persistent harassment.

Edited by superally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

m

2 minutes ago, Negan said:

Top quality.


However, I never needed to beg in my childhood.

Not that you know anything about quality.

I would hardly class trick or treating as begging, your reason for not begging is simply that you stole and robbed your stuff as a kid.

 

As for babycakes saying about letting her kids out knocking  strangers doors, surely any half decent parent with any sense of responsibility would be out with them anyhow.

Was Kate McCann not a scouser?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Red Devil
11 hours ago, superally said:

HRT patch fell off fella @Red Devil . I wasn't talking about anything, I was asking a fucking question.

I wasn't actually getting at you mate, but that doesn't matter now as I'm moving on with from the subject. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.