The Realist

Basic simple food.

3 minutes ago, MrMacleod said:

Neither mate, I work as a chef :)

I think you should share some of your recepies, and i'll use one or two if they are on the Slimming World plan, so syn free, low in fat!

1 minute ago, boro_boy said:

I think you should share some of your recepies, and i'll use one or two if they are on the Slimming World plan, so syn free, low in fat!

I'm happy to give out any recipe mate. Just let me know what you want to cook and I'll give you a good recipe thats not too fatty or on your diet programme

Can't think of anything off the top of my head, we have our meals which we cook in batches every 2-3 weeks such as;

• Spag Bol
  • Chilli
  • Lasagne

We need more healthy choices, we both enjoy pasta so maybe some pasta dishes with a not so calorie horrific count haha. Maybe  if you know of any good variations of burgers, sausages, mash used with different combinations of spices? We need to use our spice rack more! Were using it this weekend as were cooking a hairy bikers chicken Korma curry which is proper nice and low low fat!

2 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Can't think of anything off the top of my head, we have our meals which we cook in batches every 2-3 weeks such as;

• Spag Bol
  • Chilli
  • Lasagne

We need more healthy choices, we both enjoy pasta so maybe some pasta dishes with a not so calorie horrific count haha. Maybe  if you know of any good variations of burgers, sausages, mash used with different combinations of spices? We need to use our spice rack more! Were using it this weekend as were cooking a hairy bikers chicken Korma curry which is proper nice and low low fat!

I find that homemade pork and sage sausages with a rosemary and mint mash work very well.

Had that for sausage of the day deal and went quite well with a cranberry and port gravy

8 minutes ago, MrMacleod said:

I find that homemade pork and sage sausages with a rosemary and mint mash work very well.

Had that for sausage of the day deal and went quite well with a cranberry and port gravy

Have you ever made Broccoli mash mate?

3 hours ago, Negan said:

Cheese on toast with HP brown sauce on.

is that roasted cheese or just slices of cheese on toast. You wanna try roasted cheese with Worcestershire sauce. It's the dog's bollocks.

3 minutes ago, Harold said:

is that roasted cheese or just slices of cheese on toast. You wanna try roasted cheese with Worcestershire sauce. It's the dog's bollocks.

Yes I concur.

Thoroughly recommend Worcester Sauce on a grilled, grated cheese on toast.