The Realist

Basic simple food.

13 hours ago, MrMacleod said:

Started a little cheesecake buisness too keep me occupied on my days off. Just another one picked up today. 

IMG_20180318_204310_155.jpg

That looks nice. 

Why should people buy your Cheesecakes rather than getting the small cheesecakes from the likes of Tesco and M&S in their meal deals, you know the two slices you get? If I got a cheesecake that big, i'd bin most of it. 

8 hours ago, boro_boy said:

That looks nice. 

Why should people buy your Cheesecakes rather than getting the small cheesecakes from the likes of Tesco and M&S in their meal deals, you know the two slices you get? If I got a cheesecake that big, i'd bin most of it. 

People also pay a fair whack for cakes like that, especially coffee shops and cafes etc, which is where he may be aiming them at.

Anyhow, forget the cheesecake, i made some decent cheese and crackers last night. (Jacobs did help with the crackers tho)

15 minutes ago, The Realist said:

People also pay a fair whack for cakes like that, especially coffee shops and cafes etc, which is where he may be aiming them at.

Anyhow, forget the cheesecake, i made some decent cheese and crackers last night. (Jacobs did help with the crackers tho)

I do like a good jacobs cracker, even with just Lurpak on. 

1 minute ago, boro_boy said:

I do like a good jacobs cracker, even with just Lurpak on. 

Spreading without breaking is a skill. A much underestimated skill too btw.

51 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Spreading without breaking is a skill. A much underestimated skill too btw.

It's almost a Samurai-style skill if you spread on a Jacob's cracker you're a black belt, but if you can spread peanut butter on toast, you're a master.  

On 3/19/2018 at 19:16, The Realist said:

@MrMacleod so whats the plan?

Just had an egg mayo salad roll & savoury cheese salad roll accompanied by a fresh cream fudge donut for brunch bought from a bakers in the town. Bloody tasty they were.

34 minutes ago, MrMacleod said:

Didn't want to cook so got this bad boy! 

DSC_0046.JPG

Oh I could just eat that!!!!

Love a good old pizza!!

got back from the town around 11.30am.....got the shopping put away then time for brekkers. The missus made me three brown M&S finger rolls with cold ham, cheese and sliced cherry tomatos. Didn't have room for my choux custard filled bun (drizzled with belgian chocolate). Luvly jubbly.

Missus is away today with a Ramblers group she is a member of so I have been left to fend for myself this morning...Soooo, a large bowl of home made lentil soup & a couple of buttered rolls will partaken later then settle down to watch the football.

1 hour ago, Locke said:

Don't you go rambling Harold?

As in walking no, their main day is a Sunday and a Sunday is a no-no for me...football & I enjoy a tipple especially at the weekends mate. Even during the close-season there will some sport on that I can watch.

However the wife says I certainly ramble on when Tipping Point and the Chase come on.

3 minutes ago, MrMacleod said:

A couple of curry pies for me lunch, can't be bothered too cook tonight so takeaway later I think for dinner 

what you thinking Mac....chinese, indian.....think you'll go for a big pizza myself....haha.

scrambled eggs, toast, beans and halved cherry tomatos fried in butter & a large mug of char for brekkers this morning. Very tasty.