Sign in to follow this  
The Realist

Basic simple food.

1 hour ago, Locke said:

Your heart thanks you.

I have an excellent Cholesterol level mate....I don't eat chippies regular so I really was looking forward to it.

Guest Red Devil
On 30/09/2018 at 21:18, MrMacleod said:

Chicken burger and chips.

Busy day so that's my simple dinner.

Snapchat-790147230.jpg

In fairness I don't know a single chef (I know a few) who would eat something like that. Let alone take a picture of it lol!!

38 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

In fairness I don't know a single chef (I know a few) who would eat something like that. Let alone take a picture of it lol!!

I am in full agreement with you on that on RD mate.

Guest Red Devil
13 hours ago, Harold said:

I'd wolf it down the now. Friggin' starving...haha.

I'd have to be starving to eat oven chips in fairness. 

I would happily eat the chicken burger as a snack. 

Nicked down to the bookies & as I was only 50 yards away from one of our local cafes I decided to saunter along and partook of a decent fry up with a pot of tea & toast....only £6 the lot. Very tasty & filling....excellent value.

7 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

Depends on what and where you're comparing.

Exchange rate currently $NZ2 to £1.

Pint of Kilkenny or Guinness $8 . What does that cost in UK?

Fish (2pieces) and chips $10.

Dominos Pizza $20

Seniors' lunch at my club is $10 for a good helping of a nice variety of dishes.

Can also get delivery from a number of good restaurants for average of $15-$25 depending on the dish.

Couldn't tell you about the drink but a fish supper - between £5 & 6 (most of the fish is one piece for a decent size). Dominos - large is either £10 or 11.

24 minutes ago, Locke said:

I just had some sardines on toast.

not had that for years. Used to enjoy it as long as the sardines were in tomato sauce.

On 26/10/2018 at 13:41, Harold said:

Ever felt like someone that has lost a tenner then found they've just stood in a dog shit ? Well that's me. Walking down to the chippy I had made my mind up.....single King Rib & a portion of fritters with broon sauce. Fucking place was locked then I seen a notice on the window. Hours changed....fucker doesn't open till 4pm. Went to greggs round the corner and got a couple of cheese & beans melts & a slice of pepperoni pizza.

Well I'm going to try again today...just a slice of toast this morning then we're going to a different chippy about 12.30pm in a neighbouring village, Plans are...........single king rib & portion of fritters. Fingers crossed.

Done and dusted...they were excellent but next time I must go over before 12.30pm because the place was heaving wi school kids. A couple of cheeky wee buggers tried to shuffle in front of me as I got to the door but they were nudged 'ever so slightly' to the back of me. One of the ladies serving saw there was about 20 kids in front of me and very kindly served me before them...result! Sat in the car in a nearby carpark and scoffed every crumb.

15 minutes ago, Harold said:

Done and dusted...they were excellent but next time I must go over before 12.30pm because the place was heaving wi school kids. A couple of cheeky wee buggers tried to shuffle in front of me as I got to the door but they were nudged 'ever so slightly' to the back of me. One of the ladies serving saw there was about 20 kids in front of me and very kindly served me before them...result! Sat in the car in a nearby carpark and scoffed every crumb.

That should keep you going for an hour or two. :blob-joy:

9 minutes ago, Locke said:

That should keep you going for an hour or two. :blob-joy:

either roasted cheese or cheesy beanos between 6 & 7pm mate if I feel like it.

2 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

Had fish and chips from my local takeaway this evening.

20181108_180442.thumb.jpg.7aac47ef7c4ebf6c607bfa59963975ce.jpg

$12

Fish $4.50 each

Chips $3

Looks very tasty. Salt & vinegar I hope.