New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
The Realist

Birmingham's German Market!

Open's 16th November, until Xmas eve. love this, go several times every year. Matchday meeting place whilst on. I can almost smell the food now.

I will never forget us chasing villa through it, before our Carling cup QF, in 2011.

3 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

What do they have, just stalls selling beer and sausages?

Reply below added 0 minutes later

Oh, at over inflated prices!

There's loads of stalls selling all kind's of thing's as well as beer and food. It isn't that expansive imo, as what you get for your money is quality. The atmosphere around centenary square is great, almost unique. you have every race, colour and creed of people you could ever imagine, and they are all singing and dancing happily together.

I really do love the atmosphere of it. Proper Christmasy . It attracts coaches of visitors from all over England, Even the sunshine buses from Aston, and Wolverhampton.

13 minutes ago, superally said:

There's loads of stalls selling all kind's of thing's as well as beer and food. It isn't that expansive imo, as what you get for your money is quality. The atmosphere around centenary square is great, almost unique. you have every race, colour and creed of people you could ever imagine, and they are all singing and dancing happily together.

I really do love the atmosphere of it. Proper Christmasy . It attracts coaches of visitors from all over England, Even the sunshine buses from Aston, and Wolverhampton.

hahaah the Sunshine Busses.

I'm off to York for their Christmas Market on the 22nd December, its the last day of the market. Going there on the Train, taking the dogs with us. 

Guest Red Devil

Manchester's start on Friday 11th November at 11am. 

Me and the missus are off work so might just pop down and get in the spirit. 

6 minutes ago, Negan said:

But you don't like Islam or Muslims?

The thread isn't about your assumptions of what I like or not, It's about Brum's Xmas market, stay on topic.

2 minutes ago, Negan said:

We don't need to assume as we already know you are Islamaphobic.

I love the market too. The one I visited in Cologne was much better though.

I look forward to taking my Grandson. It is for lightweights as impossible to get pissed there due to numbers.

Taking kids there on a weekend night, would be a serious mistake, the kind only idiot's make, who annoy the shit out of adult's trying to have a good time. Obviously you have no real experience of the market. I get served very quickly, then again, I am not the kind of bloke, to let anybody take the piss and even think of trying to jump in, in front of me. ,Apparently according to other people who have said many times, I have a look that say's don't fuck with me, and am kind of intimidating, Feck knows where these people get their opinion's but hey ho, they are there not my views. I find them kind of annoying to be honest. Past reputations etc. If only they could see the love I have for my little white fluffy dog.

13 minutes ago, Negan said:

Where did I say I was taking him of a weekend?

Clueso putting two and two together to make five again.

Sorry fella, forgot the unemployed can go whenever they want. My bad.

2 minutes ago, Negan said:

Not a patch on Brum's.

Ours is the best in the UK.

Reply below added 1 minute later

I wouldn't know...

Is there a set of rules for the market?

Merely saying you can go when you want. Those of us with proper jobs, are limited to when we can visit.

1 minute ago, Negan said:

I'm sure Poundland give you flexible time off work?

That should free your limitations up.

Jealous pathetic posting again.

I reckon you are so sickly jealous, you ain't got what it takes to get a job at JLR.

Guest Red Devil
17 hours ago, Negan said:

Not a patch on Brum's.

Ours is the best in the UK.

Good for you, still going to go on Friday even if it's not the best in the U.K. 

2 hours ago, Red Devil said:

Good for you, still going to go on Friday even if it's not the best in the U.K. 

Being smaller has it's advantages. B'ham market on a weekend, is so overcrowded, it's hard to walk through it. Doesn't bother me tho, I'm always around the bar by the stage in the square. Great atmosphere there. Your gonna be feeling all festive after you been York.

Guest Red Devil
1 hour ago, superally said:

Being smaller has it's advantages. B'ham market on a weekend, is so overcrowded, it's hard to walk through it. Doesn't bother me tho, I'm always around the bar by the stage in the square. Great atmosphere there. Your gonna be feeling all festive after you been York.

I'm not going York pal, I'm off to the Manchester markets.

In fairness they are pretty crowded as well, I'm like you though, I tend to find my spot and pick at what I like. 

On ‎07‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 22:25, Negan said:

Now, why would I want to work there pulling my ring out?

Cannot think of any reasons why?

Aside from your previous posts on here, saying how you would love to work for a company like JLR, and saying you are going to apply, also sending me PM's begging help to get in at JLR, I can't think of a reason either. Other than the fact that you may actually want to earn a decent wage.

Edited by superally