Jump to content
boro_boy

BBC Four - League of Gentlemen

Recommended Posts

Admin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0074513/the-league-of-gentlemen-series-1-1-welcome-to-royston-vasey

the_league_of_gentlemen_tv.jpg

Just watched the first Episode of the first series. Forgot how funny it was but I watched this when it came out in 1999 on BBC One. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird, weird show. 

Don't get me wrong I watched it from time to time but the humour wasn't really my taste. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fucking fantastic show, the guys are geniuses. Psychoville and Inside No. 9 are just as good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Admin
6 minutes ago, YIDDO said:

Fucking fantastic show, the guys are geniuses. Psychoville and Inside No. 9 are just as good.

I haven't seen Psychoville or Inside No. 9. Might have to give them a go.

 

28 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Weird, weird show. 

Don't get me wrong I watched it from time to time but the humour wasn't really my taste. 

Yes it is very weird and creepy at time, but hilarious and very well written. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it funnier than the IT Crowd?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Admin
6 minutes ago, Negan said:

Is it funnier than the IT Crowd?

Its a different comedy, I think the IT crowd is funnier but like I say the things you laugh at are different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where would we be without Maurice Moss?

tumblr_mddcr6ytE81rv9kkoo1_500.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Negan said:

Is it funnier than the IT Crowd?

Yes. It's British comedy at its best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say it was very of its time, in the same way, Little Britain was a few years later. 

I'm not sure if it would be as popular now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Admin
15 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

I'd say it was very of its time, in the same way, Little Britain was a few years later. 

I'm not sure if it would be as popular now. 

I think it would, enjoyed watching it. Would be popular for anyone who watched it on its first airing. Don't think the young folks "millennials" would enjoy it, but they might. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, boro_boy said:

I think it would, enjoyed watching it. Would be popular for anyone who watched it on its first airing. Don't think the young folks "millennials" would enjoy it, but they might. 

Nah they wouldn't. Too easily offended by anything and everything. Think Papa Lazarou with black face would be allowed on BBC if it was airing for the first time tonight? Would it fuck.

Edited by YIDDO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Admin
On 11/11/2017 at 00:23, YIDDO said:

New eps in December along with Alan Partridge. Good time for British TV.

Alan Patridge is back, I love that show, so fucking funny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

×