New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
boro_boy

Greggs sorry for swapping Jesus for sausage roll in nativity scene

Christmas is Jesus's birthday.

The most special birthday of the year.

I will never go in Tesco or Gregg's again.

3 minutes ago, Negan said:

Christmas is Jesus's birthday.

The most special birthday of the year.

I will never go in Tesco or Gregg's again.

33 minutes ago, redblood said:

Oh no Christians are offended

I'd rather eat the sausage roll than Jesus! Looks lovely haha

5 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Greggs nativity

What the fuck has Christmas got to do with Jesus anyway, its all about Santa!!!

Funny photo though, made me laugh. Don't know why they had to apologise!

They should apologise.

Cheap food chain anyway with shitty food.

I never usually get involved in the religious stuff. But would they dared to have mocked any other religion in the same manner.

I doubt it

There’d be blood on your sausage, bean and cheese melt before you could say ‘religion of peace’.

Edited by superally

Guest Red Devil
22 hours ago, MrMacleod said:

To be fair it does look like a rather tasty sausage roll 

I love a hot sausage roll but I haven't eaten one for years. 

Pastry products are a major no no for me. 

1 minute ago, Red Devil said:

Is that because they are basically a heart attack waiting to happen?

I rarely eat bad food nowadays, since I've been doing Slimming World. But had a Tesco Chocolate Filled Doughnut today and it was amazeballs!!! 13 Syns though, but i'm allowed 20 a day so not too bad :) 

5 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Why?

Guest Red Devil
5 minutes ago, Negan said:

Why?

Because I eat a healthy diet mate, I have one treat night a week and I only eat slimming world home cooked meals. 

I've done it for years, mainly due to the fact my missus was on slimming world about five years ago and doesn't cook anything other than their recipes. 

Guest Red Devil
2 minutes ago, Negan said:

No slimming food for me.

But, I respect your right to eat it.

It's not really a major thing it's just something I follow. Everyone in my office is amazed at my self-control, they have a chippy Friday and huge sandwiches from the butty shop and I will eat something healthy. It could be a salad, chicken or couscous and tuna fish. I don't waver much from those options. 

3 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

It's not really a major thing it's just something I follow. Everyone in my office is amazed at my self-control, they have a chippy Friday and huge sandwiches from the butty shop and I will eat something healthy. It could be a salad, chicken or couscous and tuna fish. I don't waver much from those options. 

You'll feel so much better for it too. If I do decide to eat bad then after I've eaten the fish and chips or the pizza, I just feel sick as the portions are far too big and instantly regret eating them as it feels like I've slipped back into my old days of eating Parmos and Pizza whilst drinking every weekend. It helps having a missus too, when I was single I used to come home and get pissed in my house every night, going through a bottle of Vodka on the Friday/Saturday night, whilst eating pizza and a parmo! Bad times. 

All good now though. 

Guest Red Devil
1 minute ago, boro_boy said:

You'll feel so much better for it too. If I do decide to eat bad then after I've eaten the fish and chips or the pizza, I just feel sick as the portions are far too big and instantly regret eating them as it feels like I've slipped back into my old days of eating Parmos and Pizza whilst drinking every weekend. It helps having a missus too, when I was single I used to come home and get pissed in my house every night, going through a bottle of Vodka on the Friday/Saturday night, whilst eating pizza and a parmo! Bad times. 

All good now though. 

Mate, Disneyland Paris last week was a nightmare. Not a single place serving up decent food other than the overpriced buffet halls. 

We ended up paying 30 each euro for a starter and basic burger and chips/fish and chips every day!! 

I was paying out £120 for every meal and getting Mcdonalds standard food. 

I can't take the greasy food after more than a day, I don't know how anyone can eat it full time. We have a few in our office who eat take away, every day. 

Just now, Red Devil said:

Mate, Disneyland Paris last week was a nightmare. Not a single place serving up decent food other than the overpriced buffet halls. 

We ended up paying 30 each euro for a starter and basic burger and chips/fish and chips every day!! 

I was paying out £120 for every meal and getting Mcdonalds standard food. 

I can't take the greasy food after more than a day, I don't know how anyone can eat it full time. We have a few in our office who eat take away, every day. 

Its the same in the Navy. The food they serve on board is all high in fat and calories. They say we need the energy. They do healthy options which are french baguettes or a salad bar with nice old brown salad. Every day they have chips or lazy chips (sliced potato). But if thats all there is to eat you have to eat it or you go hungry. I always try to go for the chicken choice with a few chips and lots of veg. Thats when i'm on a ship, shore side establishments are better for me as I batch cook food at home with the missus and freeze it then I take it down, saves a fortune and its all healthy, we try to cook all our food so its syn free and full of loads of different veg.

Will Gregg's being doing a similar thing for Diwali, Hanuka or Eid? 

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 16:30, boro_boy said:

Greggs nativity

What the fuck has Christmas got to do with Jesus anyway, its all about Santa!!!

Funny photo though, made me laugh. Don't know why they had to apologise!

The clue is in the name fella!

No Jesus equates to no Christmas ever.

Hope that helps.

21 minutes ago, superally said:

The clue is in the name fella!

No Jesus equates to no Christmas ever.

Hope that helps.

I was taking the piss