Harold

☀️⛅ ☔ Weather ❄️🌧️🌩️

1 hour ago, Harold said:

We have a thermostat in the lounge but there is also a control on the boiler which allows us to decide if the heating (or water) is to be hotter or cooler.

Yeah I also have that, but I just put the heating temp and water temp on MAXIMUM as i'm crazy as fuck. House warms up quicker that way. 

been a fairly mild day today, so much so that I got the car washed & a fine job I made of it I must say. Then just as I finished & was about to dry it off I noticed that some fucking bird had shat on the roof. Grrr  :mad:

I might wash my car tomorrow. It's full of salt from all the motorway driving as the fritters love putting it all over the motorways lol

I am getting texts telling me CB plant is closed tomorrow, and Solihull is in doubt too. Until I get officially told from my JLR bosses I got to consider myself working tomorrow, tho school closures and travel difficulties will no doubt mean loads of people wont turn in. I will be in, in the morning by 5-15 am no excuses here.

21 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Had a few showers today. One right now, I'm setting off to drive to Scotland at 0400 tomorrow. Hopefully the roads are okay.

Don't envy you there. stay safe fella.

Drive was alright, roads where icy but easy to drive on. Why can't people drive in the snow and why are schools closed this morning int he Teesside area, fucking joke this country is. I measured the snow that settled last night and it was just over 1cm, LOL!!!

2 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Drive was alright, roads where icy but easy to drive on. Why can't people drive in the snow and why are schools closed this morning int he Teesside area, fucking joke this country is. I measured the snow that settled last night and it was just over 1cm, LOL!!!

what is that in imperial measurement mate ?

28 minutes ago, Harold said:

what is that in imperial measurement mate ?

2.54cm to an Inch.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=1cm+to+inch&oq=1cm+to+inch&aqs=chrome..69i57.2751j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

As a child I used to walk to Primary School when the show was nearly up to my little knees haha.

The world has gone soft!

50 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

2.54cm to an Inch.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=1cm+to+inch&oq=1cm+to+inch&aqs=chrome..69i57.2751j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

As a child I used to walk to Primary School when the show was nearly up to my little knees haha.

The world has gone soft!

I was being facetious mate    :D, you know, UK an all that.

51 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

The world has gone soft!

You 'ad it easy. When I was a kid we lived in 'ole in t'ground sheltered from t'snow by blades of grass. Got up at 8 at night to walk to t'school for next day and 'ad nowt but socks wi holes in toes. And that was wi no breakfast - for a week!  'ard ? Don't talk t'me about soft!

With apologies to Monty Python.

6 minutes ago, Harold said:

I was being facetious mate    :D, you know, UK an all that.

You 'ad it easy. When I was a kid we lived in 'ole in t'ground sheltered from t'snow by blades of grass. Got up at 8 at night to walk to t'school for next day and 'ad nowt but socks wi holes in toes. And that was wi no breakfast - for a week!  'ard ? Don't talk t'me about soft!

With apologies to Monty Python.

hahahahahahah