• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Harold

☀️⛅ ☔ Weather ❄️🌧️🌩️

7 minutes ago, MrMacleod said:

Been told he's the parking attendant so there's a fine chance this person had a ticket

61T6iYBJfyL._UX342_.jpg

It's Ronald McDonald in disguise....

Image result for ronald mcdonald cartoon images

Ahhh, a good old Weather thread, I want some more of this (photo below looking out of our flat window), SNOW!!!! it was a wee bit nippy this morning at 5c but I love the cold. 

28377933_10156213570152855_5236133543338817346_n.jpg

Edited by JCS

1 hour ago, JCS said:

Ahhh, a good old Weather thread, I want some more of this (photo below looking out of our flat window), SNOW!!!! it was a wee bit nippy this morning at 5c but I love the cold. 

28377933_10156213570152855_5236133543338817346_n.jpg

I love snow too, just makes things look better. I hate it when I have to work in it or when it melts a but then freezes into blocks of ice. 

35 minutes ago, Harold said:

SNOW ? ffs.....I'd be more than happy never ever to see another snowflake (both kinds) again. I fucking hate snow.

Hahahaha

25 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I love snow too, just makes things look better.

Yeah it was a picture in March when the Beast from the East came visiting.....:flashing-lol:

2 hours ago, Harold said:

SNOW ? ffs.....I'd be more than happy never ever to see another snowflake (both kinds) again. I fucking hate snow.

:belly-laugh:

I do love the snow, I grew up in Tilbury Essex when I was a wee nipper and around Christmas time it would always snow but then we emigrated to Australia in 1960 and it was always hot around Christmas time and no snow in Victoria where I grew up, maybe this is why I love snow and the cold and I hate the heat, especially anything over 30c as I get a migraine.  

I did some skiing in my army days in Bavaria and I loved it. 

23 minutes ago, JCS said:

:belly-laugh:

I do love the snow, I grew up in Tilbury Essex when I was a wee nipper and around Christmas time it would always snow but then we emigrated to Australia in 1960 and it was always hot around Christmas time and no snow in Victoria where I grew up, maybe this is why I love snow and the cold and I hate the heat, especially anything over 30c as I get a migraine.  

I did some skiing in my army days in Bavaria and I loved it. 

Australia...ahhhh! Should have emigrated there early 60's (remember the £10 poms system ?) but my mum took cold feet and we had to endure living in this shithole. Been there (Perth) several times on holiday and loved it. That climate would suit me & the missus!

7 minutes ago, Harold said:

Australia...ahhhh! Should have emigrated there early 60's (remember the £10 poms system ?) but my mum took cold feet and we had to endure living in this shithole. Been there (Perth) several times on holiday and loved it. That climate would suit me & the missus!

It's only the extreme heat that bought me back home as if temperatures out there reached over 30/40c I would suffer from an acute migraine attack and the docs advised me to move to a colder climate.

But I went body surfing out there once in 1968, Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast and I bloody loved it and that was around winter time June/July and it was around 20/25c and just nice and no flies or mosquitoes.

I'm loving the weather at the moment. I love the cold nights. Was 4 last night I always crack the bedroom windows open. I love a cold room when I'm tucked into my duvet. 

7 hours ago, boro_boy said:

I'm loving the weather at the moment. I love the cold nights. Was 4 last night I always crack the bedroom windows open. I love a cold room when I'm tucked into my duvet. 

Weirdo! ☺️

12 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Same here, I always have our bedroom window open and the wife does her nut as she hates the cold, the wife maintains I must have been an Eskimo re-incarnated.   

3 hours ago, Locke said:

Why in earth would one pay to heat a home then open the window? Ffs.:clueless:

I don't heat the house at the moment as it warms back up during the day. I don't do it in when it gets proper cold. I just turn the heating off a few hours before I go to bed. 

Cloudy and breezy here and nice and cold to me at 13c, I hate the heat and snow will do me when it arrives, not the wife's cup of tea though, she hates the cold.

1756602952_download(5).png.fd34e4ab8c516911bae929a8cb6e51e9.png

10 minutes ago, JCS said:

Cloudy and breezy here and nice and cold to me at 13c, I hate the heat and snow will do me when it arrives, not the wife's cup of tea though, she hates the cold.

1756602952_download(5).png.fd34e4ab8c516911bae929a8cb6e51e9.png

Tbh mate, I'm more than happy if there is no rain or snow....the wind is a bit of a pain because of all the leaves landing in my back yard and drive. Tell you why I detest the snow....mind the bad winter 2010 ? I left work at 3pm and it took me till 8.30pm to drive 7 miles due the road conditions and tailbacks. Got into my street and the car didn't move for around a week....couldn't get it out & buses were off so I couldn't get into work from the Wednesday till Friday....not that I was complaining. However there was constant shovelling of snow so we could actually get out and about.

1 hour ago, Harold said:

Tbh mate, I'm more than happy if there is no rain or snow....the wind is a bit of a pain because of all the leaves landing in my back yard and drive. Tell you why I detest the snow....mind the bad winter 2010 ? I left work at 3pm and it took me till 8.30pm to drive 7 miles due the road conditions and tailbacks. Got into my street and the car didn't move for around a week....couldn't get it out & buses were off so I couldn't get into work from the Wednesday till Friday....not that I was complaining. However there was constant shovelling of snow so we could actually get out and about.

I love snow as when I was a wee nipper growing at Christmas time with snow in the UK, then we emigrated to Australia in 1960 and Christmas time out there you would wake up to temperatures of 35/40c and I hated it and I suffered from an acute migraine out there if the temp went over 35c and was adviced to move to colder climate, thus, I came back to the UK.

Even now across here if the temp goes over 30c I get a migraine but not as bad as Aussie land, I did skiing in the army on exercise in Bavaria and I loved it, when we had the 'Beast from the East' hit in March this year we were more or less snowed in but it did not stop me making my way up the local shop for some shopping, the photo below was looking out our flat window.

28377933_10156213570152855_5236133543338817346_n.jpg.07e3e6f18304c3bd5ad7af1a4ce4ac98.jpg  

7 minutes ago, JCS said:

I love snow as when I was a wee nipper growing at Christmas time with snow in the UK, then we emigrated to Australia in 1960 and Christmas time out there you would wake up to temperatures of 35/40c and I hated it and I suffered from an acute migraine out there if the temp went over 35c and was adviced to move to colder climate, thus, I came back to the UK.

Even now across here if the temp goes over 30c I get a migraine but not as bad as Aussie land, I did skiing in the army on exercise in Bavaria and I loved it, when we had the 'Beast from the East' hit in March this year we were more or less snowed in but it did not stop me making my way up the local shop for some shopping, the photo below was looking out our flat window.

28377933_10156213570152855_5236133543338817346_n.jpg.07e3e6f18304c3bd5ad7af1a4ce4ac98.jpg  

Was that during the Red Warning for Snow.

I drove home that day from Faslane to Middlesbrough, it was a fun drive home :) 

15 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Was that during the Red Warning for Snow.

I drove home that day from Faslane to Middlesbrough, it was a fun drive home :) 

Aye, people started panic buying we were stocked up days before the warning, it was so scenic though as I walked up a footpath called the Old Railway Line which was not anymore and the snow was beautiful to look at as there was snow everywhere and people still walking their dogs.

Old Railway Path 'Beast from the East' Winter 2018

28575987_10156221961577855_7057255381088531734_n.jpg.cf4e736fbc4691f472456128392d9b2f.jpg

Old Railway Path before the 'Beast from the East' hit us.

14955769_10154709452117855_5523234628988747303_n.jpg.05b3e7187d2aba4d1771b4d59064761d.jpg