• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

☀️⛅ ☔ Weather ❄️🍃 🌩️

Harold

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

Fuck all to do with the cars, more to do with the drivers and their lack of knowledge of how to handle adverse conditions.

People are idiots, usually the people driving the 4x4s. Laugh my tits off when I see them on the side of the road after smashing into something and toppling over in the snow! They think they can just drive like a dick in all weather.

43 minutes ago, Harold said:

Storm Dennis (what a fucking menace) is hitting the UK in time for the weekend...happy fucking days!

Looks like more running in the rain for me!

TBF we have had a calm and mild winter so far after from this storm and slight cold spell. 

11 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I know.

Supposed to be at a hotel in the Cotswolds for the weekend. FFS!

You can still go you know, it won't be windy in you hotel, unless you have a curry!

11 hours ago, boro_boy said:

The Queenferry Bridge was shut today as ice was falling from the bridge and damaging cars!!

image.png

image.png

It is shut again today. Michael Matheson, Transport secretary (aka the Invisible man) has refused to open the Forth Road bridge to general traffic causing drivers to undertake a 35 mile detour (across the Kincardine bridge I presume). Apparently the SNP were warned about the possibility of the falling ice from up high but didn't know what to do. Considering the delays in building and problems since opening the public really shouldn't be surprised especially with the SNP's record in buildings problems.

27 minutes ago, Harold said:

It is shut again today. Michael Matheson, Transport secretary (aka the Invisible man) has refused to open the Forth Road bridge to general traffic causing drivers to undertake a 35 mile detour (across the Kincardine bridge I presume). Apparently the SNP were warned about the possibility of the falling ice from up high but didn't know what to do. Considering the delays in building and problems since opening the public really shouldn't be surprised especially with the SNP's record in buildings problems.

Saw an interesting documentary recently about how they can now design bridge cables and supports to minimise ice build up and thus lessen the risk of ice falls causing damage and/or injury.

• Administrator
On 12/02/2020 at 07:43, Harold said:

Its a nice looking bridge though. 

I'm suprised this doesn't happen every year as you do get snow and cold weather every year don't you?

The damage was pretty bad to those cars though. 

11 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Gale force winds here and the rain is battering down. So definitely heading your way mate 

Aaaaargh! Hopefully it doesn't arrive for a couple of hours yet because unfortunately the wife is walking a friend's dog this morning plus she's going to get the papers on the way back. Day for not leaving the house, not that I intended to....don't want to pass on any of my bug that is left you understand.....laughing

Keep safe Mak.

16 minutes ago, Harold said:

Aaaaargh! Hopefully it doesn't arrive for a couple of hours yet because unfortunately the wife is walking a friend's dog this morning plus she's going to get the papers on the way back. Day for not leaving the house, not that I intended to....don't want to pass on any of my bug that is left you understand.....laughing

Keep safe Mak.

Oh I will be. Feet up in front of the fire watching football for me ?

• boro_boy changed the title to ☀️⛅ ☔ Weather ❄️🍃 🌩️