• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

boro_boy

Black Friday Bollocks

Admin

Just seen an advert on the site from appliance direct saying their black friday deals are now live. 

I looked on it and the tumble dryer I bought 2 weeks ago is £3 more expensive but it says Was: £219.99     You save: £53.02

https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/idc8t3b/indesit-idc8t3b-freestanding-electric-tumble-dryer?refsource=APadwords&refsource=apadwords&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIz7qL4LDQ1wIVFSmHCh1rRADyEAEYASABEgKl6fD_BwE

Very miss-leading!!!

There was an article in one of the papers at the weekend which showed how certain stores manipulate prices to try and mislead potential customers. The items that were highlighted were all cheaper than 'Black Friday' prices at sometime earlier this year. I didn't go into the article in any depth but this 'American' imported custom does nothing for me and certainly wouldn't go out and buy stuff just cos it's 'Black Friday'! Anyway, it's only Wednesday     :confused:

Admin
40 minutes ago, Harold said:

There was an article in one of the papers at the weekend which showed how certain stores manipulate prices to try and mislead potential customers. The items that were highlighted were all cheaper than 'Black Friday' prices at sometime earlier this year. I didn't go into the article in any depth but this 'American' imported custom does nothing for me and certainly wouldn't go out and buy stuff just cos it's 'Black Friday'! Anyway, it's only Wednesday     :confused:

We do it differently, we seem to have the Black Friday "Week" Its just a complete unwanted event in my eyes. 

Maybe it will get the economy rolling for Christmas? Who knows. I just think its the shops getting rid of their shite before xmas. Or it is used to make people think they are getting a deal, then come Christmas the items are cheap again so the shops get a double whammy of people buying shite. Boxing day sales are the original sales for the UK. Fuck this Black Friday shite. The best deal I've seen is for the nest outdoor camera which has £20 off it, i'm after getting a outdoor nest cam so i'm currently thinking about it. I also have a £10 amazon gift card to use, so it would be £30 off if I used that. 

I've even received e-mails from Morrisons supermarket for Black Friday week.