boro_boy

The November Budget 2017

Admin

So basically, pay cap on public sector to remain.

Alcohol to go up

Diesel/Petrol to go up

Tax on Diesel cars (Even though the government recommended us to buy them)

I did read that diesel was to rise but not petrol. Need to wait & see. No doubt ciggies will be hammered once again. If alcohol goes up that's a double whammy as our minimum pricing is to start in May next year.

Admin
54 minutes ago, Harold said:

I did read that diesel was to rise but not petrol. Need to wait & see. No doubt ciggies will be hammered once again. If alcohol goes up that's a double whammy as our minimum pricing is to start in May next year.

Your minimum price alcohol won't effect that much. Its only the cheap drinks, the wine/spirits ect will be left a long I believe!

Just now, boro_boy said:

Your minimum price alcohol won't effect that much. Its only the cheap drinks, the wine/spirits ect will be left a long I believe!

Pretty much, 

In Scotland Minimum pricing when it does come into effect will only really effect the white lightning type drink, Cheap cider etc. Some wines will be effected such as your £3 bottle of wine might need to go up a little. lambrini etc. 

Admin

Diesel and Petrol duty rise is cancelled, i'm happy.

15 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

11 minutes ago, Haggis-Baws said:

Pretty much, 

In Scotland Minimum pricing when it does come into effect will only really effect the white lightning type drink, Cheap cider etc. Some wines will be effected such as your £3 bottle of wine might need to go up a little. lambrini etc. 

Here's an eye opener though. White lightning etc will boom in price from around £3 a three litre bottle to over £11. However that scourge called Buckfast which is also very popular with arsehole neds won't rise in price as it costs just over £7 for a 75 cl bottle at the moment. Case of Tennents will be bumped a fiver a case. 

And just to really piss me off, I drink Echo Falls & at the moment it costs (dependent on Supermarket deals) anything between £3.50 & £4.25 but it will be put up to a minimum of £4.69 I believe.

Admin

The living wage

Is it just me who thinks this is a con?

Increase the wage, people pay more tax

Companies have to increase prices to cover extra wages, this creates more tax for them.

Where no better off.

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 13:31, Harold said:

Here's an eye opener though. White lightning etc will boom in price from around £3 a three litre bottle to over £11. 

That's gonna hit Negan' benefits pretty hard.Food banks for him, if he wants to eat then.

Edited by The Realist