boro_boy

Champions League Match Discussion

Admin

PSG 6 - 1 Celtic lol

Reply below added 1 minute later

7-1 now, FFS Why are they even in the Champions League!

Reply below added 7 minutes later

Basel 1 - 0 Manchester United 

lol

Admin

Haha, good effort that like 

Let's be honest Celtic have had virtually no challenge up here since Rangers trouble in 2012 and we had to start in the lowest tier. During which time both Hearts and Hibs were relegated to our championship division. In short, when it comes to the Premiership no team has been able to touch them. And I can't see it changing any time soon. Aberdeen have been clinging to their coat tails from afar in recent seasons and this season Rangers, Hearts and Hibs have had up & down results. Celtic deserve to go through to the group stages if they win their qualifiers (which they did) but when they come up against teams like Bayern Munich, Barcelona & PSG they are very much the minnows and it has showed.

As far as the Champions League I have no time for it....call me a traditionalist but to me the European Cup died the day the Champions League started. Nowadays it seems it is virtually the same teams year after year that go furthest thanks to the seeding. Couldn't tell you the last time I watched a full game.

Admin
3 minutes ago, Harold said:

Let's be honest Celtic have had virtually no challenge up here since Rangers trouble in 2012 and we had to start in the lowest tier. During which time both Hearts and Hibs were relegated to our championship division. In short, when it comes to the Premiership no team has been able to touch them. And I can't see it changing any time soon. Aberdeen have been clinging to their coat tails from afar in recent seasons and this season Rangers, Hearts and Hibs have had up & down results. Celtic deserve to go through to the group stages if they win their qualifiers (which they did) but when they come up against teams like Bayern Munich, Barcelona & PSG they are very much the minnows and it has showed.

As far as the Champions League I have no time for it....call me a traditionalist but to me the European Cup died the day the Champions League started. Nowadays it seems it is virtually the same teams year after year that go furthest thanks to the seeding. Couldn't tell you the last time I watched a full game.

I am not into it either, I only really watch Middlesbrough games. I'm not the football fan I used to be. I used to watch loads of the Premier League games when I had Sky. Got rid of that then got a missus cat and dog and now I can't be fucked watching anyone other than boro. Towards the end of the season i'll watch the big games which guarantee entertainment such as title deciders, relegation deciders, play-off deciders. Anything out of that is just too tactically boring to watch!