Been discussing the difference between UK and US restaurant portions.

Nobody denies there's a difference (US portions are far  bigger apart from nouveau cuisine nonsense that we also have here) and of course there are places that are generous in this country' but do the residents of MFF believe that the American portions are too big or that ours are too stingy?

I for one believe that we are absolutely fleeced in this country when it comes to portions especially if you measure it against cost.

What say you lot?

Edited by The Realist

Never been to America so I can't compare portions or cost but I have read and been told by a former work colleague (who goes to Florida every year) that the portions are huge and you certainly get (even more than) your money's worth. She wasn't too happy once when her hubby tipped the flirting waitress 50 bucks mind you.

We don't go out that much re eating but it's a hit or a miss in our local eateries. If we don't like it then we won't be back. Never really felt that we have been vastly over charged.

1 minute ago, Harold said:

Never been to America so I can't compare portions or cost but I have read and been told by a former work colleague (who goes to Florida every year) that the portions are huge and you certainly get (even more than) your money's worth. She wasn't too happy once when her hubby tipped the flirting waitress 50 bucks mind you.

We don't go out that much re eating but it's a hit or a miss in our local eateries. If we don't like it then we won't be back. Never really felt that we have been vastly over charged.

I wont go back anywhere after a dodgy meal either.

Also I found in America, they mostly sacrifice quantity over quality.

My experience of America is that their true fast food restaurants are better than ours and portions are bigger.

Having said that Long John Silver's isn't a patch on a UK chippy.

Food used to be dirt cheap in America and meat still is. Turkey was advertised as 29 cents a lb yesterday. Here you would be lucky to get a 10lb turkey for £29. However, most other foods are priced about the same as here, but they get paid way more $ than we do £.

So, American portions are huge and UK portions are stingy. Somewhere in the middle is best.

Having said that far more Americans than Brits eat out, so maybe the huge portion size is good for business if not the waistline? There may be a method behind American portion size madness.

Admin

Their servings are too big. Ours are too big considering the amount we should eat. That's why when out shopping you see loads of fat people. I'm losing weight now so I judge everyone I see in my head. With comments like, you fat fucker, you don't need that pie and your fat kid doesn't need that sausage roll.