My Football Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Harold

What book are you reading ?

I enjoy a good book. I go in fits and starts. Sometimes I can't put it down & others, perhaps a few chapters every other day or so but it depends on my mood and deep I get into it. At the moment I'm doing Lee Childs latest 'Jack Reacher' novel called The Midnight Line.. I must have them all & normally buy them in hardback just as they come out. I've not long finished the latest one by Stuart MacBride who writes about an Aberdeen based detective Logan McCrae - got most, if not all, of his also. Ian Rankin (john Rebus books) is another favourite as is Mark Billingham.

Just finished the latest Jack Reacher, "Past Tense". A tad predictable but enjoyable all the same.
I just wonder if Lee Child is running out of plots that suit the character.

About to start on the latest Rebus, "In a House of Lies".

29 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Just finished the latest Jack Reacher, "Past Tense". A tad predictable but enjoyable all the same.
I just wonder if Lee Child is running out of plots that suit the character.

About to start on the latest Rebus, "In a House of Lies".

All going to plan I intend to buy 'Past Tense' today. You'll enjoy the Rebus one....the ending is excellent imo...a right good dose of 'karma'.

Am having an early night tonight, so i will be starting Sent off at gunpoint -Willie Johnston, been after it for a while, sadly only able to get it in hardback, not keen on hardbacks, unless sitting in a chair i find them awkward.

Souness The Management Years was a good read.

On 27/11/2017 at 07:29, Harold said:

I enjoy a good book. I go in fits and starts. Sometimes I can't put it down & others, perhaps a few chapters every other day or so but it depends on my mood and deep I get into it. At the moment I'm doing Lee Childs latest 'Jack Reacher' novel called The Midnight Line.. I must have them all & normally buy them in hardback just as they come out. I've not long finished the latest one by Stuart MacBride who writes about an Aberdeen based detective Logan McCrae - got most, if not all, of his also. Ian Rankin (john Rebus books) is another favourite as is Mark Billingham.

My other half went through every Jack Reacher novel in about six weeks on her Kindle. 

13 minutes ago, Locke said:

My other half went through every Jack Reacher novel in about six weeks on her Kindle. 

She read the latest...Past Tense ? I've just started it. Prefer an actual book myself...too many damn technical thingwimibobs in the world.

No she hasn't.

Mate when she has her reading head on she can go through two or three books a week.

It is probably best she has them on Kindle else we would have books everywhere.

A lot of what she gets are free e books too.

1 hour ago, Locke said:

else we would have books everywhere.

Like us.....we have a very large bookcase - full (however not just with books....the wife tends to put odds and ends on it also)....we have a pile on the stairs and a storage basket in a bedroom full....:flashing-lol:

1 minute ago, Harold said:

Like us.....we have a very large bookcase - full (however not just with books....the wife tends to put odds and ends on it also)....we have a pile on the stairs and a storage basket in a bedroom full....

That is us too mate. Also have a load in boxes in the garage.

I still buy books. I can't get used to Kindle or books on my phone.

Just discovered the other Archer. Geoffrey, not Jeffrey.

Spins a good yarn.

Novels to date are:-

Dark Angel
Eagle Trap
Fire Hawk
Java Spider
Scorpion Trail
Shadow Hunter
Skydancer
The Burma Legacy
The Lucifer Network

Not long finished Alan Parks 2nd crime novel....February's Son. Based in Glasgow, Detective Harry McCoy is on the case again. Good read. Now awaiting Stuart McBride's new Logan MacRae book due out end of May.

1 hour ago, Harold said:

Not long finished Alan Parks 2nd crime novel....February's Son. Based in Glasgow, Detective Harry McCoy is on the case again. Good read. Now awaiting Stuart McBride's new Logan MacRae book due out end of May.

Thanks for the tip.

Just grabbed Alan Parks ebooks from library.

2 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

Thanks for the tip.

Just grabbed Alan Parks ebooks from library.

Have you not already read Bloody January.....his first ? Thought you said you had.