New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×

I usually drink Smirnoff or russian standard. They are £19 usually, but on offer now for £16 in Tesco or £15 in Morrison's.

I was in Lidl yesterday and bought their own vodka for £14 something can't remember the pence but it was £14 something. It just tastes like, how can I put it, like vodka. 

I've had grey goose before and that's nice but still it's vodka and doesn't taste that much different. 

I this vodka with coke anyway as it's honking by itself. 

24 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I usually drink Smirnoff or russian standard. They are £19 usually, but on offer now for £16 in Tesco or £15 in Morrison's.

I was in Lidl yesterday and bought their own vodka for £14 something can't remember the pence but it was £14 something. It just tastes like, how can I put it, like vodka. 

I've had grey goose before and that's nice but still it's vodka and doesn't taste that much different. 

I this vodka with coke anyway as it's honking by itself. 

Years ago I had Absolut blue label....3 glasses with diet coke and I was fine. After the 4th I stood up and my legs gave way.

hahahaha, the strength of the Russian Standard is 38% the Lidl Vodka is 37.5%.

Considering its just over £14 a bottle and that wasn't on offer (I don't think) i'll be saving myself nearly £4 a bottle!!

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Products.htm?articleId=353

Thats the stuff. 

Saying all this, i'm not drinking from next year (January) for a few months.

I'm not really a huge vodka drinker but man could I drink glass after glass of zubruwka with apple juice.

Got a couple polish friends and they must but bottles of it in bulk

Delicious stuff.

4 minutes ago, MrMacleod said:

I'm not really a huge vodka drinker but man could I drink glass after glass of zubruwka with apple juice.

Got a couple polish friends and they must but bottles of it in bulk

Delicious stuff.

Zubrowka is my favourite Vodka, tho I think it only needs an ice cube, never quite taken to the apple juice. Soplicka is pretty good too, available in lots of different flavours, in my local Polish shop it's £12 for 750cl. Nowadays tho I rarely drink spirits of any kind.

Not permitted to touch vodka nowadays....Captain Morgan's spiced rum with diet coke is my weekend drink of choice now & very nice it is. Red wine through the week.

34 minutes ago, Harold said:

Not permitted to touch vodka nowadays....Captain Morgan's spiced rum with diet coke is my weekend drink of choice now & very nice it is. Red wine through the week.

Why can't you drink vodka?

Does it make you mean?

On 12/26/2017 at 20:08, The Realist said:

Polish vodka is the way to go.

aye well i would second that no doubt about it 

On 2/1/2018 at 11:27, fatpipe said:

aye well i would second that no doubt about it 

The Polish women are pretty good too. Still can't work out what tastes best, their Vodka, or their women?.

21 minutes ago, The Realist said:

The Polish women are pretty good too. Still can't work out what tastes best, their Vodka, or their women?.

The one whose hair you have to spit out after indulging......:)

Had a few glasses of vodka last night with the missus, woke up this morning with a severe headache,

Now I remember why I don't really like it or drink it!. I'll stick too my beers hah!

22 hours ago, MrMacleod said:

Had a few glasses of vodka last night with the missus, woke up this morning with a severe headache,

Now I remember why I don't really like it or drink it!. I'll stick too my beers hah!

Its the other way round with me, beer or cider gives me a headache vodka usually doesn't.