Jump to content
New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
The Realist

Deal agreed in Brexit talks - Juncker

Recommended Posts

Sufficient progress made in Brexit talks - Jean-Claude Juncker; paving way for talks on future UK-EU relationship.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42277040

Thinly veiled soft Brexit imo. We have conceded far too much already.

How about we just tell them to fuck off, and take back all their EU citizens and regulations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What has been agreed?

Guarantee that there will be "no hard border" between Northern Ireland and the Republic and that the "constitutional and economic integrity of the United Kingdom" will be maintained.

EU citizens living in the UK and vice versa will have their rights to live, work and study protected. The agreement includes reunification rights for relatives who do not live in the UK to join them in their host country in the future

Financial settlement - No specific figure is in the document but Downing Street sources say it will be between £35bn and £39bn, including budget contributions during a two-year "transition" period after March 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand why we have to give them a £39b payout and contributions during the two-year "transition" period!!

Seriously cannot wait to see the back of the EU controlling us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These 'negotiations' have been farcical from day one. It has been more than obvious that the EU's stance of delaying further talks has been primarily about the Exit (divirce) bill. There never was any problems over the rights of EU citizens already residing/working in the UK. The EU was given guarantees about their rights to remain here and these guarantees were very generous whilst the EU was saying that Brits living within EU countries would be unable to move between EU countries...Haven't heard much about that recently. Actually, I just looked and here is a link - seems to be a one way street     https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-08/brexit-breakthrough-risks-leaving-brits-in-europe-landlocked

 

Now that it has been said there has been an agreement of sorts (ie the EU has successfully conned us out of a very large amount of money) discussions are to move on to a trade agreement. The UK (May) has said it will be leaving the single market but wants to get the best deal for trading within it (presumably meaning no tariffs and no 'freedom of movement' which it presently includes). This won't go our way and look out for further concessions to the bastards.

 

Don't know about you chaps but if I had known that we were going to be so weak and offer so many concessions, especially this Exit money and the two years transition period then I would not have bothered to vote leave. I have advocated leaving for years before the referendum was even spoken about, I wanted this country to be totally free from this unelected totalitarion institution. A fucking farce!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Harold said:

These 'negotiations' have been farcical from day one. It has been more than obvious that the EU's stance of delaying further talks has been primarily about the Exit (divirce) bill. There never was any problems over the rights of EU citizens already residing/working in the UK. The EU was given guarantees about their rights to remain here and these guarantees were very generous whilst the EU was saying that Brits living within EU countries would be unable to move between EU countries...Haven't heard much about that recently. Actually, I just looked and here is a link - seems to be a one way street     https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-08/brexit-breakthrough-risks-leaving-brits-in-europe-landlocked

 

Now that it has been said there has been an agreement of sorts (ie the EU has successfully conned us out of a very large amount of money) discussions are to move on to a trade agreement. The UK (May) has said it will be leaving the single market but wants to get the best deal for trading within it (presumably meaning no tariffs and no 'freedom of movement' which it presently includes). This won't go our way and look out for further concessions to the bastards.

 

Don't know about you chaps but if I had known that we were going to be so weak and offer so many concessions, especially this Exit money and the two years transition period then I would not have bothered to vote leave. I have advocated leaving for years before the referendum was even spoken about, I wanted this country to be totally free from this unelected totalitarion institution. A fucking farce!

But its only one payment and 2 years of payments, then where done, if thats what it takes to get us away from these cunts, then just pay them! I know its stupid money, but we'll end up paying more if we stay in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

But its only one payment and 2 years of payments, then where done, if thats what it takes to get us away from these cunts, then just pay them! I know its stupid money, but we'll end up paying more if we stay in!

That is NOT what I voted for so I must disagree. This country needs that money just like we require the Foreign aid money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Harold said:

That is NOT what I voted for so I must disagree. This country needs that money just like we require the Foreign aid money.

The only reason I voted was so we could govern our self rather than people in Europe telling us what we can and can't do. So if that means giving them cunts a bit too much money before we go then so be it. I'd prefer we just left and paid nothing but thats not going to happen. What will happen though is we will continue to give them stuff whilst they give us nothing. 

They will miss us. Well the money we paid into Europe anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Realist said:

If its not a free trade agreement, and Tariffs are introduced, I wonder how many German and French car workers will lose their jobs?

I agree it's a point to be considered strongly but do the EU suits actually give a fuck about the 'working man' in the individual countries ? I don't believe so as it has always appeared that their main (only) concern is the survival of the institution. As you previously mentioned elsewhere...we import more from the EU than the other way about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Italian Prosecco producers are shitting it too, along with the French wine makers, they really have a lot to lose don't they?

As for the Spanish, fuck them too, I don't go there on holiday anyhow!  They really would be in a mess without our tourists/holidaymakers.

We should not ever and I mean EVER, stop importing Polish women tho, no tariffs on anything just send them all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Italian Prosecco producers are shitting it too, along with the French wine makers, they really have a lot to lose don't they?

As for the Spanish, fuck them too, I don't go there on holiday anyhow!  They really would be in a mess without our tourists/holidaymakers.

We should not ever and I mean EVER, stop importing Polish women tho, no tariffs on anything just send them all.

Of course they have an awful lot to lose. They'll realise that when it hits home - IF the UK doesn't agree to what the EU wants but tbh I believe the UK will concede again. May is weaker than watered down cats piss. Remember she was a 'remainer'!

 

You'll have to explain your reasoning about Polish burds though, you got a notion there or what ?     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can Scotland moan at this?

They (The cunts in charge) want to stay in Europe??? So if they stayed in charge they would still be managed by the EU. Its only for the 2 year transition period anyway. 

Whats 2 years between friends!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

How can Scotland moan at this?

They (The cunts in charge) want to stay in Europe??? So if they stayed in charge they would still be managed by the EU. Its only for the 2 year transition period anyway. 

Whats 2 years between friends!

It's not Scotland (although Sturgeon will use it as a stick with which to beat our UK Government) it's the actual fishermen and it affects ALL UK fishermen. Scotland CANNOT remain in Europe as it is part of the UK and the UK is leaving (after a sell out transition period.....forget the official date of March next year). The ONLY way Scotland could get near the EU would be if Scotland left the UK it would have to APPLY to join the EU but it aint gonna happen imo. I don't give a fuck whether it's for 2 years or 2 fucking months. I did not vote leave to be betrayed by the spinless cunt May and the negotiating team. I thought David Davis had bigger balls than this! I personally feel totally let down with how the negotiating has gone! I actually wonder if it really has been worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Harold said:

It's not Scotland (although Sturgeon will use it as a stick with which to beat our UK Government) it's the actual fishermen and it affects ALL UK fishermen. Scotland CANNOT remain in Europe as it is part of the UK and the UK is leaving (after a sell out transition period.....forget the official date of March next year). The ONLY way Scotland could get near the EU would be if Scotland left the UK it would have to APPLY to join the EU but it aint gonna happen imo. I don't give a fuck whether it's for 2 years or 2 fucking months. I did not vote leave to be betrayed by the spinless cunt May and the negotiating team. I thought David Davis had bigger balls than this! I personally feel totally let down with how the negotiating has gone! I actually wonder if it really has been worth it.

I don't think we can be as demanding as people want us to be otherwise they will fuck us over. They want stuff and we want stuff, sometimes we just have to compromise. Nothing is really changing, were just doing what we are doing now until 2020 until the transition period is over. I can't wait until we are out of the EU, but saying that, then we are stuck with out cunting politicians. Who are in the game for themselves, lease were out of Europe though, thats the main thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do you think they wanted and we agreed to the two year transition period ? For our money, they are fucking desperate for it. When the referendum build up was on the go there was no mention of a fucking transition period....it was leave or stay! The UK imports more from the EU than we do to them and that should have been a bargaining tool in our favour. More will come of this, more will be conceded. The leavers imo have been fucked over well and truly. We officially leave next March yet the EU will STILL tell us what to do re fishing and other areas for another 2 years. Fuck that for a game of sojurs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Harold said:

Why do you think they wanted and we agreed to the two year transition period ? For our money, they are fucking desperate for it. When the referendum build up was on the go there was no mention of a fucking transition period....it was leave or stay! The UK imports more from the EU than we do to them and that should have been a bargaining tool in our favour. More will come of this, more will be conceded. The leavers imo have been fucked over well and truly. We officially leave next March yet the EU will STILL tell us what to do re fishing and other areas for another 2 years. Fuck that for a game of sojurs.

Its shit I admit, but its better than not having a deal at all. 

Don't we need the transition people to re-write all the EU laws back into British law? I don't think its as simple as just leaving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Its shit I admit, but its better than not having a deal at all. 

Don't we need the transition people to re-write all the EU laws back into British law? I don't think its as simple as just leaving. 

I disagree.We were informed that we would take back control of our own country, borders, laws, waters and we see May et al lying back to have their tummy tickled. We (UK) have let the EU once again dictate to US! Don't be surprised if this 2 year transition is extended because if there is a general election in the near future Labour (woe betide us all) will walk it mate.

 

Should have been thought about before article 50 was triggered if it is to take that length of time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Harold said:

I disagree.We were informed that we would take back control of our own country, borders, laws, waters and we see May et al lying back to have their tummy tickled. We (UK) have let the EU once again dictate to US! Don't be surprised if this 2 year transition is extended because if there is a general election in the near future Labour (woe betide us all) will walk it mate.

 

Should have been thought about before article 50 was triggered if it is to take that length of time

The last thing this county needs is Labour in power, the Conservatives are not that much better but that cunt Corbyn is such a push over and an absolute bellend, wanting to get rid of Trident. We'd have no military if he came to power. We kind of don't at the minute under May but its better than what it would be like under Labour!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.