The Realist

Man Flu!

It's real.

We know that we men are the weaker sex, male foetuses are more vulnerable than female, male infants are more likely to die, boys have a lower life expectancy and all that. Now, the BMJ report that, because our immune systems are weaker than women's, we are more likely to be unwell with viruses like flu.

When my Mrs has a cold which is rare, and goes 'sniffle'... air is still able to pass up her nose.

When I have a cold , both nostrils are clamped tight as a nuns chuff, eyes streaming, head throbbing, throat burning, sinuses on fire, snot coming wave after wave and the urge to blow my nose every 15 seconds.

Once I blew my nose and nothing but blood came out. My sinuses were infected. Tissue looked like a sanitary towell.

But yeah us men make it up.

I'm never ill, I mean never, I don't remember the last time I was sick. I have headaches now and again but not a lot.

My missus is always getting colds, she never gives me them. lol

Shower o' pussies     . Only had the cold once in the past four years. Only thing untowards with me (apart from the dentists) in the past few years was a few months ago when I had to go to the hossie due to a kidney stone - by fuck that was painful. So, man the fuck up men!     :D

It's the way women say, us blokes don't know pain, as we've never given birth.

20 minutes ago, Harold said:

Shower o' pussies     

I think of it like this-A woman will go on about how painful child birth is, then 6 months after dropping a sprog will say to the old man "I think we should have another child".

How many times after a bloke has had a kick in the bollocks do you hear him say "Yeah, that hurt a bit - I fancy another bollock boot in a week or so"?

36 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I'm never ill, I mean never, I don't remember the last time I was sick. I have headaches now and again but not a lot.

My missus is always getting colds, she never gives me them. lol

Similar with me and Mrs SA.

10 minutes ago, The Realist said:

It's the way women say, us blokes don't know pain, as we've never given birth.

I think of it like this-A woman will go on about how painful child birth is, then 6 months after dropping a sprog will say to the old man "I think we should have another child".

How many times after a bloke has had a kick in the bollocks do you hear him say "Yeah, that hurt a bit - I fancy another bollock boot in a week or so"?

That is a valid point hahahaha

Men feel pain more than women apparently. 

5 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

That is a valid point hahahaha

Men feel pain more than women apparently. 

Women just don’t care, they know nothing about our immune system. They don’t see how sensitive we are and how the brain can have such an effect on this system. They don’t look at it holistically like we do.

As Dr Rolf Wellman’s latest research has shown, even simple words or sentences can slice through our immunity. In tests words like, lawnmower, shelf, bedclothes, iron, shopping, all produced symptoms of pre- flu; sweating, lethargy and unquenchable thirst.

(Grayson Perry I think)

Edited by The Realist