boro_boy

Chris Froome - Another Cycling Cheat

Britain's most successful road cyclist Chris Froome is facing questions after a urine test revealed abnormal levels of an asthma drug.

https://news.sky.com/story/questions-for-chris-froome-after-abnormal-urine-test-11168754

So we now know why he's a cheat having taking an asthma drug. Is cheating the only way to succeed these days in sports?

They every cyclist should be drugs tested after each event until the sport clears up. Don't get me wrong I don't like cycling as a sport as its boring but these cheats need to be riddled out and all their previous history erased from the sport. Once a cheat always a cheat

Innocent until proven guilty remember. The medications athletes take nowadays always seem to have some substance in them that can take them over the acceptable legal limit. This is simply from my 'layman's' point of view as it's quite complicated.

8 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Even a simple cold remedy like Lemsip, can get an Athlete in trouble nowadays.

Lemsip? 

But isn't that why they have a team docttor who should know all the limits?

19 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Lemsip? 

But isn't that why they have a team docttor who should know all the limits?

Indeed, tho Asthma inhalers do contain steroids, Salbutamol does anyhow, I know this as my kids have grown up using them. Large amount of Asthma medication = Steroids???